Please give us stable fps for recording/rendering.

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Please give us stable fps for recording/rendering.

Post by movebandit »

Yes. Would be a great feature: Realtime Sequencer (Graphical Editable ? Smpte/MTC Sync ?), not like Modul8 (the logical record is not editable) and stable Rendering(not realtime). Also a Macro Function for Replaying several recorded Sequences.......

Another Idea: Take A Look at Stumpfl Wings. In this Program you are able to Use one Machine as a Master and nearly unlimited Slave Computers connected via Ethernet. Advantage: Unlimited Outputs and GPU Power.Softedged BIG Full HD Projected with more than 3 Projectors.
An pretty easy solution for avoiding too much Network Traffic: an automatic Function, that copies all Video Files used in a Composition to the Slave Machines. Traffic remaining:Triggers,Framesync and perhaps a Live Source Stream.......
Another Advantage: Use the Slaves where the Projectors are....no more looong Video Cables. Only Cat cabling and short connections for video needed....

pyramus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by pyramus »

Sorry for bumping up this old thread but is recording with stable fps supposed to be working in Avenue 4?
I'm having a lot of trouble synching a clip to the original audio-track and start to wonder if it isn't me....
(and yes I know you can also record audio+video at the same time, but the track was played from a different computer, so too late for that)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

No, offline/online rendering improvements are pushed back to a later release of Resolume.

Thom
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Thom »

Any news on this matter? [recording at stable fps]

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Thom wrote:Any news on this matter? [recording at stable fps]

Get Fraps or Syphon Recorder. Record at 30FPS, has been pretty smooth for me.