CDJ-2000 - Resolume link

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
KILL! CLUB
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

CDJ-2000 - Resolume link

Post by KILL! CLUB »

I have got CDJ-2000's with an HID midi interface controlling Resolume, with Resolume audio coming through the cdj audio output LR setting - problem is it sounds well overdriven///

How about having a look at using CDJ-2000's to load/link Res tracks video and audio, via the HID Interface link.
Scratching, cue points and looping would be nice. If then in addition using either a DJM800(midi) or DJM2000(HID midi) for mixing between up to 4 decks audio/video linked.

Anyone else using the CDJ-2000 for any video??

bart
Team Resolume

Re: CDJ-2000 - Resolume link

Post by bart »

KILL! CLUB wrote:I have got CDJ-2000's with an HID midi interface controlling Resolume, with Resolume audio coming through the cdj audio output LR setting - problem is it sounds well overdriven///
Just to be clear, you are using the USB soundcard in the CDJ and sending audio to that with Resolume? We have never tried this but it should sound OK, does it help to lower the volume in Resolume?
KILL! CLUB wrote:How about having a look at using CDJ-2000's to load/link Res tracks video and audio, via the HID Interface link.
The HID interface sounds interesting but is it possible to just play a CD on the CDJ AND have it send out HID data to know where the that is?

KILL! CLUB

Post by KILL! CLUB »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ6n47f5Pj0

Hey Bart,

What im after is some sort of supported deck control set up to sync with the cdj2000 (similar to the programs on the link) and utilise the audio output also. (preferably linking up to 4 decks and a mixer)
I've done a little more testing, Resolume freezes when the cdj asio audio driver is engaged and clips wont launch. The cdj audio output via the primary sound driver works with resolume audio but is overdriven ie a mic to line level sound.
It would be good to use resolume like a playback system with a cdj interface for a mixture of my corporate video and then more vj styles for the dance event stuff.
(I have asked Pioneer whether they can offer another mode also, which would give you HID midi control of other programs whilst at the same time be playing tunes via their proprietory Rekordbox software) for a live visual interface, for djs who will probably prefer to use rekordbox (it links via ethernet)
Other midi assigning seems ok - be good for you guys to have a look at the CDJ2000's tho so with the HID control you can browse and launch and control clips, audio and video on up to 4 individual decks and a mixer or part thereof.

Cheers :)

TRT

Post by TRT »

u can use the CDJ2000 as a controler with the usb connection and it works. same to the djm600/700/800 (midi connection). you assign the CC numbers just like a normal controler ;)

KILL! CLUB

Post by KILL! CLUB »

Its true, but CDJ2000's are too expensive to use as just a basic midi controller.

DJ software that is supported provides feedback to the CDJ's.

It would be nice as a VJ, to use similar tools.

Feedback items include:

Tracklists/clip names, playlists, data, looping capabilities, time/length, audio level, a thumbnail of the track art, clip search capability straight from the cdj, so you dont have to keep going back to the monitor. I am not a programmer, but would like to use a cdj to dial in and launch and manipulate clips, with real time feedback back viewable straight from the CDJ....

KILL! CLUB

Post by KILL! CLUB »

bart wrote:
KILL! CLUB wrote:I have got CDJ-2000's with an HID midi interface controlling Resolume, with Resolume audio coming through the cdj audio output LR setting - problem is it sounds well overdriven///
Just to be clear, you are using the USB soundcard in the CDJ and sending audio to that with Resolume? We have never tried this but it should sound OK, does it help to lower the volume in Resolume?

KILL! CLUB wrote:How about having a look at using CDJ-2000's to load/link Res tracks video and audio, via the HID Interface link.
The HID interface sounds interesting but is it possible to just play a CD on the CDJ AND have it send out HID data to know where the that is?
Not at the moment. You would have to be in HID or HID advanced mode to use a Resolume/CDJ2000 link/feedback mode.

Lowering the volume doesnt help. Its like a mic to line level difference. Overdriven sounding