trigger clip when done

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
pleasuretek
Is taking Resolume on a second date

trigger clip when done

Post by pleasuretek »

I have some long samples and captured compositions that I have saved over the years to make some nights/ parts of the night easier. A function that I think would be really useful, is to be able to trigger another clip when active clip is done (as an option on play once). It would make a useful and intuitive way of sequencing clips, and if the clips are bpm synced, all the user needs to do is tap tempo and trigger a clip in the sequence. A follow clip...

It would be useful for fast single beat/measure patterns as well as triggering the next long clip in a series of 10 o so while I drink a beer and hang out. That "chaos" mode stuff was too random, and I'd rather not run an external sequencer. You could populate a dropdown list with clip names from active deck, that dropdown is only available if playOnce is activated and sequence checkbox is toggled active. I think that helps describe the logic I see... Thanks again Resolume team, love you.
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: trigger clip when done

Post by Tschoepler »

has been requested before and I think it is in work. Not 100% sure about that. Use the forum's search if you want to know.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

pleasuretek

Post by pleasuretek »

Tschoepler wrote:Use the forum's search if you want to know.
I did search (google and resolume search) for about 5 minutes before I posted. Since I couldn't find anything using the search string terms I used to describe the problem, I thought I would put my ideas up before I left my house for a 'gig'. I was prepping some clips for a show and I had this idea, didn't want to lose it. Thanks for your response in letting me know that it might be already in development...

EDIT: after going back and searching more... I can only find stuff on using external apps for sequencing stuff... no mention of integrating follow actions directly into resolume, and no logic patterns have been discussed on how to offer a solution for functionality that really no other visual software has (I guess I could patch my own Jitter/GEM/VVVV solution but Mentally iterating through big multiLeveled patches at 2AM when the party is churning and my mind is surfing Bass waves of recursive time... those little straight lines aren't so straight anymore and geometric patterns emerge from my personal style of patching that makes me chuckle in the realization of the absolute harmony of how I made me mentally to get to this vertex in space/time.... this is why I use Resolume, and would prefer to only use Resolume, not an array of programs with buggy pipes (which I have done in the past))...
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

megawattmedia

Post by megawattmedia »

hi i know there is the step sequence but would it be possible to alter this to either automatically play the track length, or manually input the clip length

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

There are already quite a few requests for a feature like this: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6813&hilit=end+actions

As for the current state of development, we are working hard on it, and it's going to be awesome!

Joris