import 3d models

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
markfrancombe
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: import 3d models

Post by markfrancombe »

NEWB Comment, be nice:

Er.. Im getting this alot with patches Im downloading, lots of errors n stuff..
Is this just a lack of having the right plugins or something else...? Here for instance is what happens when I launch this res3Dscene patch:

> (null)
<QCNodeManager | namespace = "com.apple.QuartzComposer" | 512 nodes>: Patch with name "QCPlugInPatch:v002_Model_ImporterPlugIn" is missing

> TrackBall
Cannot create node of class "QCPlugInPatch" and identifier "v002_Model_ImporterPlugIn"

> (null)
<QCNodeManager | namespace = "com.apple.QuartzComposer" | 512 nodes>: Patch with name "QCPlugInPatch:v002_Model_ImporterPlugIn" is missing

Just an example the real is VERY long..
Now I realise that this is really a problem with Quartz composer patches, but... well.. I dont know of a good QC forum...!!!

Mark

dachhu
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dachhu »

Its because either you haven't downloaded the quartz composer plugins or their not in the right place.
download the plugin linked in the post and it instructs you where to put it.

rama1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by rama1 »

awesome work there love the direction this is going for mac users :D

i was wondering if anybody's found a way to get same results in windows os or if someone could make a plugin that could have say outer space blufftitlers output into resolume as blufftitler has a vj option for real time manipulation of 3d models & would open a floodgate of new & improved effects & capability's bringing the windows resolume experience on par with mac users resolume experience

bangnoise

Post by bangnoise »

markfrancombe wrote: I dont know of a good QC forum...!!!
dachhu has answered your problem, but for future reference:

- The v002 Forum (for help with v002 stuff in particular)
- Kineme (some very knowledgable QC people hang out there)

pepernoot17

Post by pepernoot17 »

dachhu wrote:I've created a quartz 3d scene patch with 4 models from file path input.
move and scale each object individually on all axis. move whole scene on xyz axis.

Lighting with position on whole scene.
whole scene rotation

Syphon texture mapping to each object.(possible to use syphon ffgl on other layers as sources or other syphon enabled applications)
Syphon Plugins required for quartz composer and Resolume (http://syphon.v002.info/)

Created with V002 Model Loader (plugin required http://v002.info/?page_id=44) so just about any mesh format goes.(google sketch up...3d warehouse or create own models(ooh video mapping possibilities!!)...export collada .dae)
and pre-animated models.

toggle buttons for models
res3dscene.qtz.zip
res3dscene.png
feel free to hack away at the composition, thats what it's all about.

Big Up Vade
That's interesting!!
Can you give us an example how to use the Syphontexture?
Does it map the Syphon input on the UV's?