"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Questions about : Black Magic Design, Intensity Pro / Shuttl

Post by fruitygreen »

Any updates to the BMD Intensity?
Were there any changes to it?
Should I expect the same?

On the MAC, capture sources change with every reboot. And if I use more than 4 ,it flickers.

On PC the order stays the same.
Limit is 6 sources.

My hardware selections could be a factor in my symptoms, but I will be conform it to Res4 Arena.

My intensions is to maintain a stable system while maximizing my sources.

Whish I could have Arena at hand so I can begin my venture.

Anyways soon after I receive Res4 Arena I hope you guys can help .

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Questions about : Black Magic Design, Intensity Pro / Sh

Post by Joris »

Glad you asked this, because this is one of the big changes we couldn't really fit into the video. Resolume 4 has native support for all BlackMagic devices in both Avenue and Arena. So you shouldn't have any issues with changing order, flickering or unrecognized cards anymore!

Joris

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

Has anyone had any luck with using an Intensity Shuttle with a laptop and a USB3 Express Card ?

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by HerrNieDa »

read something about that the usb3 ports mostly don't provide enough power.
nec-chipsets should work. maybe you can upgrade with a pc-express usb3 card with nec-chip!
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

fruitygreen

Post by fruitygreen »

Have tried usb3 pci-e cards for laptops. Several brands (Computer tested with: Toshiba Qosmio x505, gen1 i7 CPU) Matrox MXO2 system works with it, but not BMD.

Power is not neccessarily the problem as there are additional power options for it.
I believe in the BMD , the bus speed is the main obstacle. The PCI-E to USB3 addon cards do not have enough throughput. Experimented and tried many " USB3 adapters" but have concluded that it is just a gimmick.

If the adapter don't bridge the bus speed in it, you wont have enough for BMD.
On a PC workstation I have tested this theory with PCI-E cards. One set with 4x bridge and another without.
Both claim to be a USB3 addon.

Guess which one worked with BMD?

Hope this helps save your time and money.

asperi

Post by asperi »

I have also concluded that no Express card adapter will work with the shuttle, shame too, it is a nice box, got it to work on a Sager np8130 (HM65) and a dell m6600 (QM67), I think when looking at the Shuttle the best thing to to is look at the Wiki page on intel chipsets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_chipsets
At the bottom of that page you will see the chip'sets with 6 Gbit/s, 2 Ports & 3 Gbit/s, 4 Ports, the sandy bridge chipsets, gen two with onboard usb3 seem to be stable for the Shuttle. This is just for sourcing into R3/4 have not done captures, thats a whole other deal. Anyways once you tinker with all the settings of the source and capture it will work on a laptop. Sucks though because with the m6600 it has the express card slot on one of the 6 Gbit/s, 2 Ports, and with an adapter that states it can do up to 5 Gbit/s.. but once connected the Shuttle is not even recognized.
The solution was to get a Matrox MXO2 mini into the express card thus offering a second 1080 source, got that working so both the Shuttle and MXO2 can mix with each other in R3.. BUT! the MXO2 has too much delay 1/3 to 1/2 a second, way to much for me.. the Shuttle is quite snappy, maybe a frame of delay.

Any one got the MXO2 or the Motu HD express to work good without delay, or at lease only a couple of frame???!!! thanks!!!

fruitygreen

Post by fruitygreen »

Just tested my Shuttle on a new laptop. And in Resolume it performs choppy. But in Media Express (BMD) it runs smoothly. Same computer different apps.

Is there a difference in how Resolume renders the capture vs the way BMD does it?

BTW: The new laptop has a Ati HD6770M card, if that makes a difference. It is the new wierd hybrid cards that has integrated and/or dedicated switching.

Resolume works but not well with my Shuttle.

Any solution will be greatly appreciated.

lalo3487
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by lalo3487 »

Hi
I have just installed an Intensity Shuttle, and I want to use it on Resolume, but I am only getting a Black Image.
I'm not getting any video...

Any thoughts?
Gygabite GA-P67A-UD7-B3 MotherBoard / Gygabite HD 6990 Video Card/ Aja Kona 3 Card/ i7 2600 Processor

fruitygreen

Check your capture source resolution.

Post by fruitygreen »

Your capture source resolution has to match .

asperi

Post by asperi »

fruity, did you get it to work in R3? What is your new laptop? I have it working on the ones I talk of earlier in the post, you have to mess with the settings I have found. Get it to run good in the BM software then match the settings in R3. I just wish I could get it to work on an Express card adapter, I have the bandwidth, I think BM just sees that its an adapter and disables the Shuttle..