DXV import button

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
kmifflin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

DXV import button

Post by kmifflin »

I think it would awesome if on the clip pane you added a convert to dxv button, that way if we added a non dxv mov to our composition and a client handed me a clip mid show I could just play it with worrying about converting it first but if I had time to convert it to dxv I could The DXV clip could be saved in the same place as the original media.

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: DXV import button

Post by Basic »

interesting idea, Ive never heard anything like it before(i like to hear new ideas btw) I imagine it could be a little complicated to do considering say for example you were playing live. your system is performing on the gpu and then having some intense usage on your cpu to render a clip in the software... if you know what i mean? I may be wrong in my assumption.

Still a good idea.

just my 2 cents :)

kmifflin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by kmifflin »

Final Cut X does do something similar to this. If you add a clip it automatically creates another version of the clip in a ProRes format and saves it in a bin.

I use resolume for primarily for corporate events, and often clients hand me content during the show. I'm suggesting that I can still just load content in and play it on the fly and not have it automatically convert the content, but if there is a break in the sessions or thru out the day I could just click a button in the clip pane and it would create a new dxv file and swap out the old file.

Basic

Post by Basic »

cool i still think its a good idea. Im starting to do a little more of the same work and think its a handy feature. I think i was thinking more on a software dev level.

but a +1 from me :)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We have been playing around with this idea as well. It's still very much in the conceptual phase, but it would greatly increase program stability (and ease a lot of conversion headaches) if all clips would be guaranteed DXV.

Automatically encode on import, encode in background when idle, these are all options, but we need to go a log ways more before it becomes anything tangible.

Basic

Post by Basic »

thats cool. In the BG I think would work best for me. or even just different options like you mentioned.

Encode over a network? - if thats possible.

Im just thinking of the BG renderer for AE and im sure other programs have similar options.
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Certain software (like procoder or carbon coder) allows you to create droplets. That's very handy cause you just drop the clip to the icon and press start conversion, or so.