"Advanced Output Settings" improvements..?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Straight-Disorder
Is taking Resolume on a second date

"Advanced Output Settings" improvements..?

Post by Straight-Disorder »

Hello,

after the enthusiasm of first uses, some little observations and suggestions for improvements, including the "Advanced Output Settings" interface of Arena ...

Is it possible for future updates of Arena to integrate the Keystone Mask (+ Crop?) tool to the Interface directly into the "Advanced Output Settings > Output Transformation", which would be able to hide areas at the output after mapping projected surfaces. Because if we uses a mask in the composition before the advanced output settings, it makes it impossible to clone a zone if just one of the surfaces to map requires a mask.., which I find considerably limits the possibilities of mapping complex structures...
Also editing tools point (bezier) should give us a way to create more complex masks that limited adjustments of current Keystone Mask, and without leaving Resolume to create it with Photoshop or other ...
Why not also include presets for primitive forms of these masks (circle, triangle, ...) ...
Another thing that would be nice, it would be that we can have a magnetism points in the Input Selection Mode and Transformation Mode for fast and accurate adjustments. I know I can have this precision with giving the coordinates of each point but it is very tedious for a complex mapping ...
Finally, and I'm not the first to ask for it I think, the ctrl+Z function will be greatly appreciated when it becomes possible to implement it..!

For information, but you know it, and it's not to screw you over (uhmmm. .. ;)), the IRMapio plugin integrates, it seems to me, all the improvements mentioned above, so for those who, like me, have chosen moving to Arena I think there are still some improvements but I am sure that this will happen, you're used to it now .. ;)

Thanks for your works, Resolume still the best ;)

Pascal / V.JaX
STRAIGHT DISORDER
[Audio-]Visual [Live] Works

contact@straight-disorder.net
http://www.straight-disorder.net

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: "Advanced Output Settings" improvements..?

Post by Joris »

Hi Pascal

Thanks for your comments. Most of what you talk about has indeed been mentioned before. The upcoming 4.1 release will add masking and cropping with bezier curves.

In the meantime, for masking you can use a slice set to a black area of the comp (if that makes sense :D ).

Joris

Straight-Disorder

Good news ;)

"In the meantime, for masking you can use a slice set to a black area of the comp (if that makes sense)"
I had not thought of that possibility, I will try, yes it makes sense to me .. ;)

Thanks!
STRAIGHT DISORDER

doktorplod
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by doktorplod »

+1! mapping without masking is pretty useless unless you map cubes. And, as advanced output is for the moment an "output only" feature, I'd suggest having the mask to lay on top of the whole output so it can stay still even if the underlying slices are distorted. This feature would be very useful for architectural projections to quickly cutout windows from the facades.

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Joris,
The current 4.01 manual already lists Masks and Crops on the Arena side.
But there´s no such options available in the advanced output area, as shown on the manual picture.
Am I missing anything or is this to be released with Arena 4.1 only?

tks

Paulo

Straight-Disorder

...waiting for 4.1 update release including "Advanced Output Settings" improvements... a approximate date perhaps..?;)

pending... Have a nice summer ;)
STRAIGHT DISORDER

fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Refinements still needed

Post by fruitygreen »

When navigating to make changes in edit points,having a zoom in/out feature could be usefull.
Grabber scroller kind of. or center wheel zoom.

Example: When ITransform my screen and rotate it , the corner edit points disappear. Trying to reach it is a task.

Also when in Edit Points mode, Right clicking a point should bring a menu to change the type.

Edit Points and Transform should have their own Exclusive Right click drop down menu.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We're aware of the demand for a zoom function in the advanced output, Fruitygreen. Adding it in 4.1 would have meant more delays for the already overdue release.

skulpture

Post by skulpture »

If your on a mac you can zoom in using the accessibility function. It's not ideal but saves clicking the wrong thing and can save a bit of hassle.... Sorry if your already aware of this but it might help others.

fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Great progress

Post by fruitygreen »

goto10 wrote:We're aware of the demand for a zoom function in the advanced output, Fruitygreen. Adding it in 4.1 would have meant more delays for the already overdue release.
:D
4.1 is indeed great progress. Thanks to you guys for not delaying it.

Hope to not sound nagging or redundant, just commenting about zoom or scrolling.
I knew about the Zoom Function request, but were not aware of its future release.

Keep up the good work Resolume Team.