syphon or quartz composer like programs for windows

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
rama1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

syphon or quartz composer like programs for windows

Post by rama1 »

hiya was wondering if there,s a similar program to syphon or quartz composer for windows or if there,s gonna be any time soon ?

doktorplod
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: syphon or quartz composer like programs for windows

Post by doktorplod »

We are all waiting for Syphon for PC.. In the meanwhile, if you have a powerful machine with three outputs, AND you don't care much about resolution AND like tricky setups you can experiment:

on the first monitor you can have your quartz-composer like program (perhaps the good old visualjockey), you capture this screen with Hmelioff labs VH multi camera studio capture module (note: no hardware accel here), on the second monitor you can have resolume GUI.
The captured stream is seen as a webcam so you can pipe it into resolume, and finally on the third monitor you can have your output.
If you need an extra non-accelerated screen for another GUI you can pump a virtual screen out to an old laptop via network using Maxivista.

Weird? Yup, a little.. Stable? I am still testing (with two other programs, no resolume for the moment) and when properly set up it never fails.

Drawbacks? the main one is that it's not possible to capture an accelerated/overlay output.. technically it can be done (fraps rules!) but strange enough I didn't find this feature in ordinary capture software.

Good luck!

rxfromparis
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: syphon or quartz composer like programs for windows

Post by rxfromparis »

software is now called xslpit at http://www.splitmedialabs.com/ :D
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))