clip label colours

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
John McGeoch
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

clip label colours

Post by John McGeoch »

I am currently using Arena to run a theatre show with the back stage graphics and SFX - it`s great, however it would be very handy to be able to change the colour of the clip labels to be able to very quickly visually group and link related clips. Rather as in after effects where one can change the colour of the track. A selected clip could then be a darker shade of the colour chosen.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: clip label colours

Post by Joris »

We're very picky about the interface colours, so it's unlikely that this will become an option anytime soon.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

Hello,

just to link things which belong together as there were similar request before (also from my side) here and here.
goto10 wrote:We're very picky about the interface colours, so it's unlikely that this will become an option anytime soon.
I see that the interface design is very important (for all of us), and Goethe said: "Man flieht die Farben, weil es so schwer ist, sich ihrer mit Geschmack und Anmut zu bedienen." - but you can! - And colored labels make so much sense!

again +1 ;)

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

to colourize the cliptriggerfields should only be an option for the users.....resolume should not change their colours by default .....

I deal with this lack of functionality with coloured png's left and right of a clipblock.

Sooo....did I destroyed the layout of resolume? ;)

greetz
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

No, but you broke our hearts ;-)

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

Thanks for reply - being picky about the software colours is a rather personal thing and says more about your needs than ours! I agree with the above and that the defaults can be as you want, but for function above style, being able to group by colour, for speed of connection and linking is a big loss. I do understand that you want your software to look `cool` and unified, but it`s a rather poor reason for not improving the hardcore running of a project or deck. Should you not rather look at how you can satisfy this need and lack in the software and still retain your style. Nobody sees the software but the operator and colour grouping, or some other visual grouping, will allow improved clarity and operational handling making the shows better for the viewer.

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

again +1 from me. just look at ableton. makes sense to me.
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

SystemD

Post by SystemD »

+1 too :)

mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mowgli »

+1 here too, it would make life easier for sure.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Thanks for your well written explanation and argument, John. We do take your comments (and the + 1s) to heart. When the time comes to redesign the interface, we will certainly look into color coding options again. This will not become a feature in Resolume 4 though.