Custom effect groups.

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Custom effect groups.

Post by theLABVisuals »

Is it possible to implement a "custom effect group"? Ideally I'd like to take my three favourite effects (for example Colourize + thin random strips + shake (to make a fake old film effect in this example)) and wrap them up as a new video effect called "old film". I know I could just buy an effect to do this, but if we had the facility to create our own plugin chains and add them to composition / layer / clip etc. from a separate menu, it would be a nice addition.

Just my minor wishlist addition.

Thanks for reading.

T
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Custom effect groups.

Post by Rene »

+1

a more or less elegant workaround could be to use effect clips (make a few copies) and then merge them with your videos to apply the effects. (note: you have to drag the video file on top of the effect clip, not vice-versa!)

machfox
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by machfox »

+1
and also- is it possible to rename video effects or add prefix?
so that my faves can always be on top of video effects list to find quickly when working...and names could make more sense to me.
maybe A1(effect name) , A2 (effect name),etc.

thanx.

skulpture

Post by skulpture »

Yes as an isadora user predominately I am missing this feature in resolume. You can do a similar thing in Ableton Live.

webel

Post by webel »

+1

You can now create feature voting polls on forum postings, you might be able to add one if you edit your post.
Darren Kelly (PLAYlogo), Webel IT Australia

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

This is what Wire is for ;)

webel

Post by webel »

Concerning Wire as a candidate solution or workaround. I am a frequent Wire user and create custom FX for Resolume using Wire. Although it can do some of what this feature suggestion wants to achieve, it is not a replacement for this feature suggestion:

- Wire does not support all the FX available in Resolume.

- As a basic requirement for the feature, a Resolume-only user would need to be able to use this feature directly in the tool, without opening another application.

- A Resolume-only user who only has an Arena or Avenue licence can't open Wire up (AFAIK separate licence) and fully edit in it anyway.

Additionally, Wire still does not yet have sub-patching, which limits its utility greatly.

The original feature suggestion is excellent and needs to be able to work standalone in Resolume (although it could possibly be implemented using underlying technology overlapping with Wire). Simply select some FX in a clip slot and group them from a context menu.

Related: Suggest expand the original feature suggestion to include nesting of groups and a TreeView

It would excellent if this suggested feature could be extended to support nesting of FX groups and navigated using a basic tree with open/close collapsible groups. Note also that this offers a slightly different workflow from Wire, because Wire FX in Resolume only show the exposed inlet parameters.

TreeView support for groups would enable easy moving into and out of groups, as well as some novel new signal transfer display possibilities.
Darren Kelly (PLAYlogo), Webel IT Australia

flik

Post by flik »

+1
Yeah I would love to see an effect rack implemented that is very similar to the one in Ableton Live.

kai

Post by kai »

Yes what this post is really asking for is Effect Groups / Effect Rack
Ideally custom defaults would be saved inside of this effect group.

Realistically though we don't even have adequate copy and paste for effects let alone groups of them... this would be required as a prerequisite to having effect groups. I have a current feature request for this very thing that you can vote on as well as several other basic feature requests for useability.

mowgli
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mowgli »

+1
webel wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:45 Concerning Wire as a candidate solution or workaround. I am a frequent Wire user and create custom FX for Resolume using Wire. Although it can do some of what this feature suggestion wants to achieve, it is not a replacement for this feature suggestion:

- Wire does not support all the FX available in Resolume.

- As a basic requirement for the feature, a Resolume-only user would need to be able to use this feature directly in the tool, without opening another application.

- A Resolume-only user who only has an Arena or Avenue licence can't open Wire up (AFAIK separate licence) and fully edit in it anyway.

Additionally, Wire still does not yet have sub-patching, which limits its utility greatly.

The original feature suggestion is excellent and needs to be able to work standalone in Resolume (although it could possibly be implemented using underlying technology overlapping with Wire). Simply select some FX in a clip slot and group them from a context menu.

Related: Suggest expand the original feature suggestion to include nesting of groups and a TreeView

It would excellent if this suggested feature could be extended to support nesting of FX groups and navigated using a basic tree with open/close collapsible groups. Note also that this offers a slightly different workflow from Wire, because Wire FX in Resolume only show the exposed inlet parameters.

TreeView support for groups would enable easy moving into and out of groups, as well as some novel new signal transfer display possibilities.