Timeline

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
skulpture
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Timeline

Post by skulpture »

The ONLY thing I think would make Arena better is a timeline.

I know it's really a live software and I love it BUT, imagine if you could click a button and a timeline appeared. You could drag and drop clips onto a set timeline like FCP. Then automate basic parameters. Hit space bar and it's plays. Ideal for big shows that need it.

You could still apply effects like and maybe mix between clips using the A and B of the cross fader. I hope this makes sense.

I love the 4.1 update! It rocks! :D

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Timeline

Post by Basic »

Yeah i know what you mean. have you used miliumin?

I know not ideal but you could use syphon (providing your on Mac) to use the timeline?

you'd be pretty limited but im sure it works. Pretty hefty price tag on miliumin as im sure its to be released in august.

+1
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

skulpture

Post by skulpture »

Yes I've downloaded miliumin and been using the forum.

It's a nice software miliumin but doesn't have that VJ edge/angle. Running both would be good but pricey like you say.

I bet there are lots of people who would like a timeline i know of about 5 locally.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We're in the research phase of implementing an intuitive and flexible timeline tool. This is not going to be part of Resolume 4.x though.

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

goto10 wrote:We're in the research phase of implementing an intuitive and flexible timeline tool. This is not going to be part of Resolume 4.x though.
Yes, yes, yes!!! - Where's the 'Like' button in this forum?

skulpture

Post by skulpture »

goto10 wrote:We're in the research phase of implementing an intuitive and flexible timeline tool. This is not going to be part of Resolume 4.x though.

It's a shame we won't be seeing it anytime soon, maybe in "Resolume Arena Show" ? A new software perhaps? ;)

I really really do think this would be a smart move! Glad you are looking into it. :D

zebbler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by zebbler »

Yes, timeline would be amazing. I find myself using Resolume a lot for installations - and have a hard time figuring out how to make certain elements (i.e. live camera feeds) appear and disappear throughout the installation period. It would be so great we were given a timeline as well as ability to keyframe parameters (i.e. position / opacity / on / off / rotation / effects) over time via timeline. This would be an installation artist GOLDMINE.

Unless I can already do this and I am just missing something???

:D Eh?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Live cameras (and all other sources) have a duration, so they can be sequenced using the autopilot.
SourceDuration.png
SourceDuration.png (14.54 KiB) Viewed 13682 times
This way you could alternate between cameras and black with a fixed duration, which is pretty darn close to a timeline.

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

uuuuuuh +1

how cool it would be to have the timeline reside in a »clip«: a clip as a container for sequences of different clips.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

jaydeeshow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by jaydeeshow »

I read from Joris about implementation, i recently bought the 6, any intention to add a timeline?

Thank you.