COMPOSITION COLLECT

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
digitalgigalow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

COMPOSITION COLLECT

Post by digitalgigalow »

I would like to see an option like what is in Ableton Live. It would be nice to see a composition in folder holding all the video clips so we can set up a composition at home and bring it to the club to use on the club system

PLUR!!!

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: COMPOSITION COLLECT

Post by cosmowe »

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!
.....did I already said yes?
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

I think this has been requested before. From what I gather its difficult to do as with large amounts of data. Still a brilliant idea though :)
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Yes..It would be a huge amount of data... but who cares? 8-) Its soooo useful!
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

I'm agree, it could be very useful
digital arts:
http://www.damientraversaz.com/#!art-numerique/c1s43
music for dance, documentary and digital arts:
http://www.damientraversaz.com/

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

who cares?
We do, because we are the ones that will need to build in all sorts of safety measures for when a user clicks on a button by mistake and starts moving their whole C: drive to a USB stick.

We really, really, really, see how useful this is, but believe me when I say that it's not as straightforward as you think.

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

I agree that this is a sadly missed feature for being able to move sets between different machines and `collect` a whole comp as with after effects etc. This runs with the ability to `reconnect` missing files and Arena`s ability to do this is a massive step on from Res 3. A half way house to collecting a whole comp would be for Arena or Avenue 4 to look for all the missing files in a single folder and reconnect them, that way the composition could be reconnected in one go with the `missing` files transferred to the new machine. This way at least i could take a gig to another machine on a protable hard drive even if it took a little time to reconnect the files. Reconnecting the first files could maybe give an option to seek for all the missing files in the same folder or similar.

I`ve just had to do this for a gig at the Edinburgh Festival, making it on my machine and transferring it to a sister machine for the gig. It seemed very clunky to have to do so much of it all again by hand especially as that`s what computers are good at, multiple repetitions and copying .

Both features would be good, multiple re-connect and Whole Comp saving - and I agree that it doesn`t really matter if it`s 20gb or whatever, but also that there is a concern over inadvertant button clicking. Then again a couple of warnings should stop all but the most digitally determined ....

and once again tributes for a wonderful program ...... john mcgeoch

chaos theory
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by chaos theory »

if its possible then yes this would be an awesome addition.

Babcom

Post by Babcom »

I also think this would be a great feat. If you could have the option, at least, the ones who needs it would be very happy :)

asperi

Post by asperi »

I would like this too. Maybe if it could make a text or xml file or something that a backup or ftp software could use?