Transition Options

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Babcom
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Transition Options

Post by Babcom »

Here is a key feature Im missing badly since Im programing my sets to run in a show (Im not playing live, everything is set to play exactly the same way every show):

I need to have the option to choose a specific transition to a specific clip. AND a more specific time to the transition. The way I was thinking it to work is the same way as "Auto pilot" for example like this mockup

This way you could set different transitions to one single layer. And know the exact timing to the transition! Now days i have to make different layers just to use different transitions and that makes my projects difficult to overview and hard to time.

All the best and nice work with the 4.1 update by the way!

John McGeoch
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Transition Options

Post by John McGeoch »

This would be great for me too. I do two sorts of sets - totally live and totally programmed. It`s quite frustrating that Resolume can`t fully address the latter and that different layers have to be utilised to fade between concurrent clips. Resolume is a super beast, but sometimes I want that power to be under the hood and to be able to give someone a `set` or a `show` to play that is fully synchronised with other cues like lighting or sound without having to midi / dmx sync which has it`s own problems particularly early on in a show`s formation when the Av is constantly changing and being tweaked and the lighting operators get paranoid about their stacks being upset by new cues. Often I need to be able to run it live, using all of Resolume`s features, but then tie it down so i can leave it with an operator who can either just hit a `go cue` button or the next clip arrow or even a mouse click on the clip and it will go via the transition and timing selected. This is because the Av is often run by the lighting person and they don`t have time to do the fiddly layer manual fade. It`s so close it`s frustrating and it would save a lot of prep in making pre-rendered transitions between clips which is just crazy ..... john mcgeoch

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

It's actually kind of flattering that you guys are 'missing' these features already. Resolume comes from a VJ background, and Arena is only our first step toward mediaserver/scripted show territory. We'll be adding more features in this direction in the next release, but for now it's amazing to hear that Arena is already being taken this far!

stillstand
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by stillstand »

Hey there, has this issue been solved in Resolume Arena 5?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

You can map the mixer option (48 different compositing modes 0 to 47 by default) to OSC, MIDI or DMX.

If you use the DMX Auto Map, Transition Blend Mode is Channel 49 for layer 1, Channel 87 for layer 2, etc... and the value is (as per DMX Auto Map Sheet):
"Ranges from 0 to number of available blend modes 1. The available blends are user configurable and can differ per update.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

I have added Transition Blend support for cues in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11392
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu