BPM dvide or multiply button

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
flo
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

BPM dvide or multiply button

Post by flo »

how about to add a button to divide or multiply the bpm by 2?
could be useful to react faster if you have instant tempo changes in an audio track to half- or double-time.

regards flo

ReggieUnderground

Re: BPM dvide or multiply button

Post by ReggieUnderground »

Set your clip transport to 'BPM Sync' and you will find those exact options. The Resolume devs are clever like that.

flo

Post by flo »

I know that I can set my clips to bpm-mode instead of timeline-mode and that I then can press divide or multiply to set the speed of the clip according to the global bpm. but that only works for the active clip and not for all clips playing.
What I meant is a global divide or multiply function for the bpm so that it affects all clips playing and also all clips that will be triggered thereafter.
It also could be useful if you get a midiclock and want to decide how resolume interprets the incoming bpm.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

We'll bounce this around the office for a bit.

It won't work for external midi clocks though, as they will constantly override any manual changes to the tempo.

flo

Post by flo »

thanks! would be interesting for me if anyone finds that useful too ;)

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

goto10 wrote:We'll bounce this around the office for a bit.

It won't work for external midi clocks though, as they will constantly override any manual changes to the tempo.
Any chance on dividing the value afterwards?
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Yes, but we're afraid this would make the BPM function's so much more unintuitive. Without an indication of which division or multiplication factor is active, you'd get very unexpected results when tapping out a beat.

Already we get a lot of questions from people whose clips are not playing, because at some point the global speed was accidentally set to zero.

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

goto10 wrote:Already we get a lot of questions from people whose clips are not playing, because at some point the global speed was accidentally set to zero.
Shouldn't that be solved after some time of practice 8-) No, I totally understand. Maybe I'll put some MAX or QC patch together for that.
While I think about it: It is actually not a divider I am looking for rather than a temporary switch to bypass the BPM and dial in my own BPM via a knob to slow down the whole system. And when I turn off the bypass, the system jumps back to the host’s BPM (Live, Traktor, etc.) and receives a »resync-action«.
Mmhh … any input on these thoughts?
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

TYLRbass
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by TYLRbass »

I like this request.. it would be similar to Ableton's :2 or *2.. I don't see why it would matter as far as the master clock goes because you can switch the BPM # in real-time, not always the best results but it could essentially be a speed setting for BPM synced clips..