+6 output for Led Screens

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Federico Matuerso
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

+6 output for Led Screens

Post by Federico Matuerso »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a solution to out led screen system. We need 6 outputs to handle 5 LED display controllers + 1 monitor. We currently use a PC with a Xeon E5-1620 V3, 16 GB Ram and a Nvidia Quadro NVS 510. All this with Resolume Arena.

The card we use now has 4 outputs, we use an HDMI Splitter to solve our needs but the graphics cards is about to die and we want to simplify the system with more outputs and avoid the HDMI splitter.

I'm looking for graphic cards with multiple outputs but i'm null with this market.

The monitor is the biggest resolution thing in the system, with 1080p, the biggest led screen is 704x256p.

What card do you think woult fit better for us?

Thank you

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: +6 output for Led Screens

Post by Arvol »

Why not combine ALL of your LED screens onto a single raster? This is something I do all the time. It isn't out of the question to have 6-20 slices on a single raster.

Federico Matuerso

Arvol wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 16:11 Why not combine ALL of your LED screens onto a single raster? This is something I do all the time. It isn't out of the question to have 6-20 slices on a single raster.
So with this solution we would need to split the HDMI signal to feed our 5 LED display controllers, that would be 1 output, and a second output to feed the pc monitor, isn't it?
Thank you for fast response.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Correct.

What LED controller are you using? Most controllers can push 2.6 million pixels per controller. a 1080p raster is only 2.1 million, so you should be able to do an entire 1080p raster off of a single LED controller.

Federico Matuerso

We have 4 x MCTRL300 and 1 x Magnimage LED 550D. This last one I think is not the original, just a chinese copy.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Those 300's are less than ideal lol. A single 660 should get you what you're after.
FYI the new H series from Nova are incredible and will be the only units I purchase from them going forward. Modular is the way :)

Federico Matuerso

Thank you again Arvol. That H series looks great but it's out of our budget possibilities. We have been taking a look at the 660 but seems can't handle diferent screens brands, or at least we suppose it can't.
I made a drawing for you to understand better how the instalation is.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

First and foremost, do NOT use that GPU, it's pure rubbish!

You can get Slices 1,2,3,4,6,&7 all on a single ethernet port of a 660. The loading capacity of that configuration is only 536,000 pixels and a single ethernet port can be loaded up to 655,000 pixels. So I would use port 1 (with port 2 as a redundant) for those slices and then use port 3 (with port 4 as the redundant) for slice 5.
A single 660 can do all of this from a single output of your GPU. No need for any other hardware in line.
I mix and match different pixel pitches, makes and models all the time on Novastar, there's no problems doing that at all.
You can find 660's for $300.

Here's a pixel map of how I would configure my 660 to look like when mapping this:

Federico Matuerso

Arvol wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 19:19 First and foremost, do NOT use that GPU, it's pure rubbish!

You can get Slices 1,2,3,4,6,&7 all on a single ethernet port of a 660. The loading capacity of that configuration is only 536,000 pixels and a single ethernet port can be loaded up to 655,000 pixels. So I would use port 1 (with port 2 as a redundant) for those slices and then use port 3 (with port 4 as the redundant) for slice 5.
A single 660 can do all of this from a single output of your GPU. No need for any other hardware in line.
I mix and match different pixel pitches, makes and models all the time on Novastar, there's no problems doing that at all.
You can find 660's for $300.

Here's a pixel map of how I would configure my 660 to look like when mapping this:

Thank you very much again, this looks a great solution. We have each screen far from the others, and the possibilities to link them are null. There is a single ethernet to each screen possition, not ideal but as a fixed instalation it is not giving us problems. Screens 1 & 2 are already linked, as well as 6 & 7.
Do you think we could use the following configuration on a 660 pro which has more outputs?
Ethernet 1: Slice 1 & 2
Ethernet 2: Slice 3
Ethernet 3: Slice 4
Ethernet 4: Slice 5
Ethernet 5: Slice 6 & 7
Would this be possible? Thanks again Arvol.

Federico Matuerso

Thinking again about our need to distribute with 5 ethernets, if the normal 660 has a loop out, we could use 1 normal 660 and video loop to our Magnimage LED 550D?
660: 4 eth. outputs
Magnimage: 1 eth. output