Matrox Dualhead2go

Bro, does your rig even lift?
NielsV
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Matrox Dualhead2go

Post by NielsV »

Hi,

I use a macbook pro with resolume on.
Now is my question: i would use a matrox dualhead2go to project my images with 2 projectors that create 1 big screen. But the problem with the matrox dualhead2go is that the laptop just recognize just 1 big screen. Can you adjust the 2 projectors with resolume? Or isn't that possible?

Greetz

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Matrox Dualhead2go

Post by Tschoepler »

That's what Resolume Arena’s "Advanced Output", or the plugins Visution and MadMapper are for.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

philmcrackin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by philmcrackin »

Tschoepler wrote:That's what Resolume Arena’s "Advanced Output", or the plugins Visution and MadMapper are for.
Nope, not true. There's no reason to spend 400 extra euros on Arena to output to multiple projectors using the DualHead2Go, Bart has explained this in another thread. Use the method below to use multiple monitors with Resolume Avenue.

Basically you would find out what resolutions your projectors support and which ones the DualHead2Go supports, for example say both of your projectors natively support 1280 x 800 resolution. You would set the DualHead2Go to the 2560 x 800 (2x 1280 x 800) resolution. Then in Resolume make a composition with a resolution setting of 2560 x 800. Go to the settings for a layer you only want to display on your first projector, under "Transform" set the position x parameter to -640. Go to the settings for a layer you only want to display on your second projector, under "Transform" set the position x parameter to positive 640. If you encoded your clips to a resolution of 1280 x 800, drop them on the separate layers. Your clips will output to their specific projectors respectively.

Stickygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Stickygreen »

there is a great free plugin for assisting with the alignment of 2 or 3 panel layouts from the IRworkshop, look for IRkeystone2/3, down the bottom of the page. - http://visution.com/downloads