Correct Settings for AMD cards

Bro, does your rig even lift?
kmifflin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Correct Settings for AMD cards

Post by kmifflin »

I think this should be added to the manual.
For a high frame rate with smooth playback using AMD cards you use the following settings.

Waiting for Vertical Refresh - Off, Unless application specifies & OpenGL Triple Buffering - On = 60fps with smooth playback with no tearing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did this testing on
Windows 7 PC
Arena 4.1.3
HD7970
AMD Driver Beta 13.3
1 HD monitors for control
2 HD monitors for outputs assigned thru Advanced Output

arindamliveguitar

Re: Correct Settings for AMD cards

Post by arindamliveguitar »

thanks..the tip definitely helped

thedawjones

Post by thedawjones »

Triple buffering does nothing unless you have vsync enabled. vsync links your card to the frequency of your monitor. e.g. 60hz . If vsync is enabled then triple buffering might get you a higher frame rate than your current refresh rate.
Graphic card performance is related to many different aspects of your machine- mobo, bios,hd access speed, codecs,64 or 32 bit os, ram, monitor(s) etc. None of which are mentioned regarding your test machine.
To test this on one machine and say it will work for everyone is not correct. To state it should be in the manual..... :roll:
If I am incorrect-you can slap me with a trout.
good luck.

Christoph

Post by Christoph »

does anyone know how to enable triple buffering in firepro control center? can't find it in the 3d-settings - have two amd w7000 and trouble with framerates when vsync is enabled, when vsync is disabled i get vertical tearing.

edit: found the setting, it's just not visible when creating a special profile for an application, but in the global settings you can choose it. anyway it doesn't change a thing in performance, still very low fps with vsync enabled and really bad tearing when disabled.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

ChrisVids wrote:does anyone know how to enable triple buffering in firepro control center? can't find it in the 3d-settings - have two amd w7000 and trouble with framerates when vsync is enabled, when vsync is disabled i get vertical tearing.

edit: found the setting, it's just not visible when creating a special profile for an application, but in the global settings you can choose it. anyway it doesn't change a thing in performance, still very low fps with vsync enabled and really bad tearing when disabled.
What OS are you using?