Suggestions Required

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Sabbir Ahmed
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Suggestions Required

Post by Sabbir Ahmed »

Hi,

I'm Sabbir, a Bangladesh based VJ. I've been the only guy who's doing VJ things here as its still a new idea here. I've been VJ-ing for last two years with a lot of jam session. I also have a band where we live jam with audio and video for chilling and laying back at afterhours. I was doing this with a laptop and a Korg NanoKontrol II, its good for small gigs. Currently i'm planning to move forward, invest good, and run a proper VJ house, with a lot of services. My target is big concerts, live shows and TV shows. Me, along with my partner, traveling tomorrow to Malaysia to buy some gears. So here i'm posting my buy list, expecting some suggestions from the people who are already in business.

Note that, I have access to video walls, projectors, cameras and others, on a rental basis from another vendor. I need at least three projection/video wall split outputs, and at least 3 camera inputs (720p Preferred). Also as i'm already working with resolume platform, i would like to stick to it.

Machine:
Mac Pro 12-Core
Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
12GB (six 2GB) memory
1TB hard drive x 2
18x SuperDrive

GPU:
1. ATI Radeon HD 5870
2. Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt (For HD input)
3. Matrox TripleHead2Go DP Edition (Splitting the display)

OSC:
1. Akai APC 40

and a lot of cables and converters.

Suggestions please?

kmifflin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Suggestions Required

Post by kmifflin »

Looks like a good start, you should know that the video input in Resolume has a delay which can be unusable for Live Imag. I typically us a Scaler/Switcher to PIP in live camera shots. Like a Pulse, DiVentix, or Spyder.

Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Warspite »

With right hardware lag in Resolume is very low:1-3 frames with blackmagic for thunderbolt. So no problem even with lipsync.

vjfranzk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by vjfranzk »

That sounds like an interesting band! Do you have video links?