Cheap Full HD PTZ camera HD-SDI: any advice?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
NLS6XX
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Cheap Full HD PTZ camera HD-SDI: any advice?

Post by NLS6XX »

Hi guys,

I've did some jobs where we used the Panasonic aw-he120 as a remote PTZ camera and I'm interested in buying something similar, however the Panasonic is out of my price range.

Do any of you have experience with "cheap" PTZ cameras that are Full HD with HD-SDI output?

I've found this one:
http://www.spywebshop.be/beveiligingsca ... amera.html
but I don't know what to think of it. (The page is in Dutch but I'm sure you can make something up out of the specifications). Is the price so much lower because it is utterly crap or is it just a little less "road-proof" than the professional priced models.

I would use it as a one camera setup with a BMD capture card and resolume.

I'm interested in anything below 3000€ so let me know if you have found something that would fit my needs.

Greetz,
Nils

NLS6XX
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Cheap Full HD PTZ camera HD-SDI: any advice?

Post by NLS6XX »

Hello? Is there someone out there?

;)

Stickygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Stickygreen »

Check Sony, they have made excellent PTZ cameras for years. AIways loved using there ptz stuff.

trabbahabba
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by trabbahabba »

First off, please let me say I am not trolling for ebay hits. Just happened to come across this when I was looking up info about using decklinks with resolume.

I have an auction going right now for a vaddio hd-19 PTZ with HD-SDI card installed. Comes with remote and all.
Asking $2400 on a buy it now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/161025342775?ss ... 1555.l2649
[/shameless ebay plug]

I have used vaddios with resolume for a year now on a touring show. Work great, easy setup, great picture.

If you are looking for HD, this is about as good as you can get for a low price. The Panasonics are great but at about 4x the price.