RESOLUME + 2 APC40s

Bro, does your rig even lift?
digitalgigalow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: RESOLUME + 2 APC40s

Post by digitalgigalow »

BLEND - that is so close to what I want. Is there anyway I can get the file. I want to use it as a learning tool. I like to reverse engineer projects so I can learn how they are built. I want to update it.

Thanks

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

I've had a revisit to the whole "APC80" thing and dusted off the old Bome's patch. In the .zip is the Resolume4 MIDI mapping as well as the Bome's patch itself. To use this, you will have to download the test version of the MTPlayer - http://www.bome.com/products/miditransl ... ensing/oem

Currently this will work only on the APC40, due to my setting the clip switching to the LEFT and RIGHT "Bank select" keys.

"Scene Launch" selects layers 1 to 5
"Stop All Clips" kills all content
"Activator" 1 to 5 selects Layer = A
"Solo / Cue" 1 to 5 selects Layer = B (currently you will have to double tap the button to set A/B to off)
"Master fader" is set to composition blackout
"Crossfader" works as expected

Let me know if any other faults / glitches occur please.

Thanks

Tony
APC80_beta.zip
Zip file contains Resolume4 MIDI .XML & Bome's patch
(50.37 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
*note: This has only been tested on OSX Mountain Lion. Let me know how it goes on older OSX / Windows installs please.
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

digitalgigalow

Post by digitalgigalow »

I tried your file, yet was not able to get it open. This is ok, because i want to learn. can you help me with 2 things.

OK. In the midi tap, I linked APC40 and APC40 (2) hooked to bomes virtual in and out. I have 2 Transmitters, 1 in and 1 out with them hooked up with corresponding APC40s.

Can you update my file with the codes for the far left fader and far right top button. If i get this, I can break it down so I can learn how to create more complex maps.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

DG
Attachments
DUAL APC40s.bmtp.zip
(501 Bytes) Downloaded 458 times

digitalgigalow

Post by digitalgigalow »

TEMPORARY FIX!!!!!

Instructions:

1. buy and install Bome
2. open file
4. Open Resolume and select the Bome midi in and out in the midi settings.
5. Turn on Both APC40s

You may have to play around a bit with it, this is why it is a temporary fix. once you have it running, every time you start Resolume, you will not have to mess with any settings.

How the file works:

The APC40s Midi Coding uses only 8 channels and Midi has 16 available channels. When an APC40 is run through the Bome file, when you use ANY Control. the Midi Channel is changed 8 Channels EXAMPLE: the upper left corner button in the clip launch section has an ORIGINAL channel of 1. Through the Bome File, the Channel is Changed to 9. this is for EVERY control.

I am working on a couple of Bome files. the first is a Bome File with 2 APC40s. this will be more stable and will be easier to set up. I will release this one for free here. The Next will be feed back. 1 APC40 with knob LED Feed back and RED Clip Launch Buttons that turn GREEN when pushed. The Last will be a 2 APC40s with the same feed back as single APC40.

REMEMBER!!!! once you have this set up the first time, you have nothing to worry about when restarting Resolume. If you have to change a couple of steps around, then remember the sequence.

PLUR!!!!
Attachments
DUAL APC40s.bmtp.zip
(484 Bytes) Downloaded 495 times

digitalgigalow

Post by digitalgigalow »

New Bome File coming along nicely. All that is needed to finish is the faders, LEDs for the buttons on the knob side.