RESOLUME + 2 APC40s

Bro, does your rig even lift?
digitalgigalow
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

RESOLUME + 2 APC40s

Post by digitalgigalow »

I was wondering if there is any way to use 2 APC40s with Resolume. I have them setup on Ableton but in resolume, only one is registering.

THANK YOU!!!

digitalgigalow

Re: RESOLUME + 2 APC40s

Post by digitalgigalow »

I tried to rename in audio midi utilities on my macbook pro and both came up in the midi preferences, yet when mapping, both APC40s act the same. I think this is because they are sending the same midi signals. I renamed to APC20 and in the midi preferences in Resolume it registers as - APC20 APC40. What about an APC20 and APC40. Do they send out different midi signals?

THANK YOU!!

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I use a tool called Bomes to change the midi values when controllers conflict. If you use windows there is a free version.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I'm actually curious to hear how Ableton Live handles this...

digitalgigalow

Post by digitalgigalow »

Goto - Ableton does recognize 2 APC40's but there is Syncing. The Trigger side of both APC40's work as separate channels, but the right side is synced. I am trying to find someone to help me recompile the the Python Remote Script that comes with the APC40 so that only the trigger section works.

What I am interested in, is seeing if I can use Bome's for controlling Rsolume, while not using Bome's for Ableton.

There may be conflict if you change the CC in bome's while trying to use with one app and not with another.

another question would be, can you reproduce the clip launch ring and lights from the Remote Python Script in Bome's.
Attachments
APC40 SCRIPT.jpg

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Ah, for these sort of custom solutions you'll need to find your own way in Bomes or create your own third party app.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Just tested with two apc 20's. Long as you remap to make sure no conflicts happen, this works quite nice. Although having your video and sound on one system really is the example of all your eggs in one basket.

digitalgigalow

Post by digitalgigalow »

Resources are no issue with the system I am building. 16-core dual xeon, 64gb ddr5, 128gb ddr3 raid memory and dual boot with one boot being strictly for live performance and having just the apps needed for live performance.

digitalgigalow

Post by digitalgigalow »

I do NOT know how to wet this up in Bome, Yet I got a Code to change the channel of ALL midi Signals coming from one APC40. Essential this will work for ANY, Same Dual Controller setup. Now I need to get this setup. I will share with the group when I make video of my setup.

CODE:

Translator 1: Channel Modify Up
Incoming signal: pp qq rr (Default to APC)
Rules: pp=pp+1
Outgoing Signal: pp qq rr (Default to Bome Virtual Port 1)

Translator 2: Channel Modify Down
Incoming signal: pp qq rr (Default to Bome Virtual Port 1)
Rules: pp=pp-1
Outgoing Signal: pp qq rr (Default to APC)

theLABVisuals

Post by theLABVisuals »

I've an old(ish) Bomes patch that allows two banks of 40 clips (+ the associated layer sliders) to work on a "shift" basis. Basically it raised the channels from 1-8 to 9-16. All that then needed was mapping the extra content to the shifted keys.

<-------

Just returned to the patch I was creating. It's not elegant by any stretch os the imagination, however I have come across a problem where Resolume is not registering the correct channel on only one key from the APC40. It's showing as the right channel on Bomes (10) but keeps defaulting to either channel 1 or 2 only.
Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 17.41.44.png
Left or right keys on APC40 (bank select) choose which mapping is active. Shedload of work to do to make it usable though, as It's a toy at the moment I use with a TouchOSC mapping.
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk