Ultrastudio 4k thunderbolt 2

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Kalevi
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Ultrastudio 4k thunderbolt 2

Post by Kalevi »

Has anyone tested BMD Ultrastudio 4k with thunderbolt 2 ? I have been trying to order one but it is out of stock in Europe. Probably it is not shipping yet?

Want to know:
- if capturing two sdi cameras simultaneously and independently is possible (720 50p or 1080 50i) with resolume?
- outputing simultaneously sdi (other softwares) possible?
- thunderbolt hub working ok? Probably cascading two ultrastudio 4K possible?

So few information by BMD.

asperi
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Ultrastudio 4k thunderbolt 2

Post by asperi »

+1 ..Anyone used this?

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

My experience with BMD stuff.

I've been using the Decklink Duo and am able to capture different resolutions at the same time.

I recently purchased the Decklink 4K extreme, you can only use 1 input at a time (choice between 2 HDSDI, 1 HDMI, Component dongle).

Desktop Video 10 is supposed to activate the SDI outputs as separate outputs (as opposed to loop-thru).
But BMD hasn't updated Desktop Video past 9.8 (even though the DV10 announcement was for October).

I've contacted BMD with NO response as to the time frame of DV10, which is frustrating considering there's been no other updates.

Kalevi
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Kalevi »

I succeed to get some information through reseller who got answer from BMD personnel.

The UltraStudio 4K's inputs are not strictly independent. These are used for dual-link SDI. For an individual signal you would just use SDI input A, in this instance SDI B is disabled. If you have a dual-link SDI source you would use both inputs.

Dual-link SDI can be used for achieving higher bandwidth when used with other dual-link SDI hardware. By using two HD-SDI (1.5G-SDI) you can get the same bandwidth of 3G-SDI. This can be used for 1080p50/60, 1080i50/60 in RGB 4:4:4 or 2K. The UltraStudio 4K also supports dual 3G-SDI to achieve 6Gb/s for UltraHD 4K formats.

It's also possible to use the two SDI inputs for Stereoscopic 3D signals. One SDI link per eye. To input 3D these inputs must be correctly synchronised, otherwise they will not input.

So it will not work as I hoped.