VC100xUSBpro Capture Device Framerate (fps) option missing

Bro, does your rig even lift?
LxAV
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

VC100xUSBpro Capture Device Framerate (fps) option missing

Post by LxAV »

Hi all,

I'm using a VC100xUSBpro capture device with Resolume Arena 4.1.8 on a top level MBP retina.
http://www.vd-shop.de/vc100xusb-single- ... p-470.html

I can capture up to 1920x1080p 60fps content smoothly (SDI, HDMI, DVI, VGA and also Component, S-Video, Composite on lower resolutions) using the manufacturer supplied Capture Express software.
I noticed the 'video format' setting of the capture software seems to use 25.00 fps as default which gives a stuttering stream, but when set to 60fps I get a smooth image.
My problem is, in Resolume I can not enter these 'video format' settings. It only allows access to the 'video property' settings.

Setting the frame rate to 60pfs in the capture software seems to reset to default (25fps) upon exiting that program and opening Resolume. I need to be able to set the capture stream to 60 fps or else I get stuttering, jagging video stream :(

So ultimately, my question is; How do I set my capture device setting to 60fps in Resolume?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex
Attachments
In Resolume, the Settings option opens the same driver menu as the capture cards' Video Property' option. No optional fps settings.
In Resolume, the Settings option opens the same driver menu as the capture cards' Video Property' option. No optional fps settings.
Video Property option opens Capture Filter Options and input select etc, no fps options
Video Property option opens Capture Filter Options and input select etc, no fps options
1920x1080P stream captures smoothly on 60 fps
1920x1080P stream captures smoothly on 60 fps
Video Format 'default'(?) settings at 25.000 fps
Video Format 'default'(?) settings at 25.000 fps
Manufacturer supplied capture software. Options for Video Format and Video Property.
Manufacturer supplied capture software. Options for Video Format and Video Property.

thedawjones
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: VC100xUSBpro Capture Device Framerate (fps) option missi

Post by thedawjones »

Have you tried enabling de-interlacing?
"Video device settings"-Why do you have device custom settings enabled in the first picture and disabled in the second?
Can you post a screen of your "video decoder" settings?

LxAV

Post by LxAV »

Hi thedawjones, thanks for your reply.

De-interlacing doesn't seem to do anything, or at least it doesn't affect the stuttered image that seems to be solved by selecting 60FPS. Note that in the settings window available from within Resolume, the Output section states "Format: not connected". Adding to the confusion, the Image Vertical Flip doesn't do anything, yet Horizontal Mirror" does, as you can see in the Resolume preview window.

(note; this is a quick setup capturing resolume's own output just so I can get the screenshots. This is not an actual setup I used to check the stream for smoothness)

The screenshots I included in the original post came out in reverse order, so bottom image was intended as the first, etc.

I added the screenshot where the Device Custom Setting was disabled to show this is how the software starts and capture device seems to initiate as default settings, where the resolution follows the resolution as output by the source, but the FPS seems to default at 25FPS..

The Video Decoder settings do not give any options, as seen in attachments below. It does however mention the amount of sources (1) and the number of vertical lines (720 in this example)

I am not too familiar with capture device driver software, but is seems to me the "Video Property" settings adjust the actual capture device, such as type of input (DVI/VGA/Composite etc) and the ability so fine tune this, whereas the "Video Device Settings" actually don't set anything on the device but merely teel the driver how to handle the stream from the device.
So if the device picks up 60fps from the source, it will stream that to the computer regardless. Then the capture software (resolume in this case) should be told what FPS to use from that stream.. Does that make sense?
What I'm saying is, in my example, the Capture Expres (as suplied by manufacturer) software determines what FPS to grab from the capture device's stream and if that is set at max frames it will run smoothly, but seems to lack this functionality and uses the driver's default FPS, which apparently defaults to 25FPS which doesn't work form me as it results in stuttering image.

How do I tell Resolume what FPS to use from the capture card's stream?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Alex
Attachments
output format: not connected
output format: not connected
Video Decoder settings don't really give any options..
Video Decoder settings don't really give any options..

LxAV

Post by LxAV »

Another user had the same problem, see his thread;
viewtopic.php?t=8755&p=32373

Seems the setting I am trying to configure is the Video Capture Pin, which I can access in GraphEdit by right-clicking the Video Capture Filter's output and click 'Pin Properties', see image attached.

If anybody knows a way of setting this through Resolume would be most appreciated!
Attachments
PraphEdit Capture Pin.jpg

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Has this been solved? I'm looking into the VC100xUSBpro too, wondering if it is a recommended and working solution?

yochee
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by yochee »

idk the program, but the record speed might be stored somewhere. probably you can manually set / write the preferred fps via the camera programs' settings file / regedit

LxAV

Post by LxAV »

@mfo; This has not been solved yet. It looked like a really nice device, but only works on windows and I'm having this problem with it and can't find a solution.

@yochee; I was thinking along those lines, but wouldn't know where to start looking in the registery.. There are a lot of associated entries and none of them documented to their purpose/function. Too many to just randomly try out :/

Hints or tips would be greatly appreciated!