No chance to IMPORT HDMI into Blackmagic INTENSITY Shuttle

Bro, does your rig even lift?
dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: No chance to IMPORT HDMI into Blackmagic INTENSITY Shutt

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Also, any BMD card with multiple possible inputs (hdmi, component, sdi), you also have to change the input in the Desktop Video control panel settings

martino.cerati
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by martino.cerati »

Well,
this is the situation:

1. First, i think my BMD intensity shuttle is broken

BUT

2. i bought an Ultrastudio 4k Thunderbolt and it has not worked for 2 days, no any chance again to import anything as soon on the display of 4k i saw the screen image of my second laptop and i tried to change something via software
The solution was unistall and reinstall too many times all drivers from the macbook with arena, until it is worked.

strange, and crazy.
no any support for downgrading internal firmware in any sites, blog, forum just only calling in the USA with no answer for the problem. No any solution also for my BMD Intensity but i think can be the same problem of Ultra4k.

In conclusion, tomorrow i need to use it for my job, hope that all will be good.
In general BMD is too many problematic.. really too much.

I did not have all these problems with the drivers from Windows 98......

Martino.

Zerone
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Zerone »

I've recently had a headache with Intensity Pro, not shuttle, was using it on another software tho.

I've found out the its SUPER picky with matching the Signal (1080p60,1080p30,1080i60 ect.) It needs to matchup all the way from source to software for it to be able to successfully pick up the signal. I'm new to Resolume but make sure ur settings in the software match what ever device you are using.

Hope I may be some help

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I use HDMI capture from Macbook Pros and iPad minis all the time using ATEM Television Studio (haven't tested the iPad mini), BMD Decklink Studio, Intensity Pro, and UltraStudio Mini Recorder on both Macs and PCs without any problems so I know it works. Typically I use 1080i60 for the Macbook Pro and 720p60 for the iPad mini and it comes right up.

Have you checked the Blackmagic Design preference menu under your System Preference to make sure you have HDMI input selected in there?

What happens when you test with Blackmagic Media Express?

Kenneth D

Post by Kenneth D »

Not sure if I'm in the right tread but I seem to have the same problem just with the INTENSITY Shuttle USB3.0
I can se the Shuttle in Resolume but just get black screen input from it no matter what I do.

I'm using the driver Desktop video 9.7.9 BETA https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/readme/1483
But maybe it doesn't work with OS X Mavericks. Do you know if that is the case.

ReggieUnderground
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by ReggieUnderground »

Try Desktop Video 10.1.2

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Hey Kenneth,
are you sure that you aren't owner of one of the unsupported usb chipsets? (You can find some info on the blackmagic homepage).... I am!....and the only way to get this running was another computer or another capture device.

Greetings
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Kenneth D

Post by Kenneth D »

Nope not sure about that. I'm using a MACmini Model No.:A1347 from late 2012. As far as I can se, it don't have the right chipset(Renesas chipset).
Can it really be that it isn't possible to get up and running on this.
Don't really se the point in buying the thunderbolt version since I would like to have that and the HDMI free to my output screens/beamers.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

What HDMI format are you trying to input? And what device is it coming from?

Can you send a screenshot of your capture card clip in Resolume as well as your Blackmagic preferences in system preference?

Also, to make sure, your HDMI cable and or adapters are not defective, correct?