Possible to use as live videomixer?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
milkwood
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Possible to use as live videomixer?

Post by milkwood »

Havnt tried Resolume yet, but just downloaded a trial....
But can I use it as a videomixer to mix between three live cameras? f.example via three different firewire cards? or other three input card? So I can view the three cameras in Resolume and constantly choose the one I need. dont need it to be displayed with colors or full dv playback. just so I see what it is=). guess three dv playback will use alot of resources...

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

DV apparently will always have a bit of lag, but 3 live cameras are posible. 3 tv capture cards would be better, but i think there are some problems with capture cards that use the same chip set, but im not realy sure.

VJ Nexus

Post by VJ Nexus »

Yes it is possible. I use resolume to mix 3 cameras, and a webcam. 2 tv capture cards, 1 dv camera (which does lag a little), and a usb 2.0 webcam.

There are issues with chipsets on tv cards. There are very few made, and it's hard to find stable drivers to differentiate between them. If you have more than 1 tv card, make sure they are completely different chipsets. (I hear usb tv capture devices have less of a problem with this, uncertain though)

GeneZis

Post by GeneZis »

Hi

Which webcamera are you using? I'm wondering to buy one...

Thanks

VJ Nexus

Post by VJ Nexus »

The webcam is an ADS Technologies USB Turbo 2.0 WebCam. Model (although i think it's the only one) is USBX-2020. http://www.adstech.com

It captures 640x480 up to 30 fps, however in resolume i'm pushing more like 20 fps. It can be down stepped to usb 1.1 @ 160x120, but who wants that?

Both my tv cards also do 640x480, and this is the process resolution I use in resolume. I've had the best luck processing my live video signals at the same resolution they are produced, less work for the cpu.

GeneZis

Post by GeneZis »

Thanks for the tips :D

Romberto

Post by Romberto »

I have heard something about a video(web)server. It's mainly desiged for the security business and supports 4 camera's . Maybe it's possible to connect it to your live sets. Cause it's LAN based.

levon

Post by levon »

i think that those 4 in 1 cards set it up that you goto an ip address in a web browser to look at them, though im not compleatly sure.

you could get a SD tv card and a HD tv card, im preaty sure these would use different chipsets

MtB
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by MtB »

it is possible to use resolume as a mixer but, you have to setup a computer something arround $1000 at least, almost the same price you can buy a video mixer.

you can split the live video sources into 2 with a simple video splitter, you can plug into a mixer and for example, edirol v4 got 4 channel in. and you can put all the live video sources including splitted ones to a video mixer. so you have 8 independent channels which you can freely manipulate, mix, key, effected without using a software and computer which is less thrustable, i dont want to mean resolume sucks, but at least it is a software running on a operation system and all runs in a computer.

imho, from my all experiences, I am always trying to solve the problems by using proper solutions without using a-like solution.

in theory it is possible to use it, but it is also possible to face up with a blue screen of death anytime anywhere.

can you imagine that in the middle of the event your computer freezes? to risky i guess...

bw

micron22

Post by micron22 »

The reason I want this too, I don't want the hassle of 3 monitor and a switcher. I can use one laptop and have it all. I've downloaded the demo but I can't see DV monitor. Only when I switch I can see it in the main screen. I need to see 2 cameras in small preview and the output in the main sceen. Does this work good in the full version?