2 GTX 780

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Benerman
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: 2 GTX 780

Post by Benerman »

AmielG12 wrote:If its in SLI, can i still use all outputs?
I believe there are settings that you can enable/disable within the SLI graphic processing that will allow you to turn on/off SLI configuration. Not sure about Crossfire connections.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

dirtyjohn_lv wrote:Here's a screenshot of my main system. SLI turned on with "Activate all displays". If I turn on Manage 3D, it behaves the way documented and you describe (only 1 output). Driver version 344.11

You can see Arena running ~60fps, with 1 video running (varies between 56 and 62)
On your screenshot, it says that SLI is disabled which would explain why you are getting the outputs of your card #2 to work.

rbhun
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by rbhun »

has this been changed? Does Arena utilize SLI nowadays?

thanks

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Nope :mrgreen:
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

SLI is not really relevant for Resolume.

When in SLI or Crossfire mode, the outputs of the additional graphic cards cannot be used, or only in a combination that does not give you the full amount of outputs that you would have when SLI would be disabled. So it's no good for getting extra outputs.

Then, the extra graphical processing power gained by having a second GPU is great for architectural or medical software that need to push millions of vertices around. Resolume only needs 4 vertices per video. So unless you're running a 100% generative set, I think you may be disappointed in the actual benefits SLI has for Resolume.

If you want to get lots of outputs, you're better off getting a Titan and a cheaper card to give you the extra outs. This will give you more outputs and perform better than two Titans in SLI.

rbhun

Post by rbhun »

Joris wrote: If you want to get lots of outputs, you're better off getting a Titan and a cheaper card to give you the extra outs. This will give you more outputs and perform better than two Titans in SLI.
this is exactly what we are trying now...I have a bunch of Ati 5450s which has 2x DVI outs and I'll put it next to an R7, and I hope that will give us a little more outs. But I have red somewhere that non-identical cards can cause problems as the big one will have to wait for the small one.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Officially, multiple cards of different makes is undefined behaviour. Neither AMD nor Nvidia can guarantee which card the driver will pick as the main renderer.

In 99% of the cases, it will be the card that has the primary display connected to it. So if you make sure your Resolume UI is on the powerful card, that's the card Resolume will use for the rendering.

Resolume does all its rendering on this card. So there is no waiting on the less powerful card. There is however a performance hit because the rendered texture has to physically travel from the powerful card, down the motherboard and up the other card. The more additional cards you plug in, the bigger this hit will be.

rbhun

Post by rbhun »

Thanks, @Joris. I am playing with dual GPU, and I have mad flickering. I'll start another topic.