NVIDIA NVS 810 for new system

Bro, does your rig even lift?
igoral
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

NVIDIA NVS 810 for new system

Post by igoral »

Hi all,
I am choosing hardware for a new system.
It must be a compact fixed installation - seamless 360-degree video panorama of 6 HD projectors. Two modes - video replay on full screen or up to six independent movies.
It is a good decision to use a new card NVIDIA NVS 810? Or Matrox C680?
I wouldn't like to use Datapath/TripleHead systems with GeForce/Radeon, but if it's the only way....
If there are more hardware recommendations (i7 or Xeon, for example) - I would be very grateful.
Regards
Igor

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: NVIDIA NVS 810 for new system

Post by Oaktown »

I'd love to hear about the Nvidia NVS 810 if you end up using it in your new system or if anyone is already using it!

Alltk

Post by Alltk »

I just tested it with a NVS810 and did not get a good performance out of it. I guess I'll have to throw in a GTX 980ti and use the NVS as a second card for more outputs. I'm testing it tomorrow.

emulsion

Post by emulsion »

Hello !!
Im triyin to make a system to lunch 8 videoproyectors HD in extended mode. i Have a hackintosh i7 xenon 12, 64 GB RAM DDR5, M2 disk pci, NVIDIA GTX TITAN X and Arena work very well with this card.....Can lanch with resolution composition 16000 x 2000 with a 30FPS . But I need more outputs one solution is to put another graphic more like GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2 GB, PCI-E Graphics, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00IGQ ... uctDetails

2 solution change Titan x for the Nvidia NVS and maybe another quadro Nvidia serie because quadro cards and geforce can not work toguether....... If some one knows how Can we get this system,,,,let we know,,

k__x@msn.com

Post by k__x@msn.com »

hi!
how many frames did you get with only NVIDIA NVS 810? and with the GTx 980?

k__x@msn.com

Post by k__x@msn.com »

Alltk wrote:I just tested it with a NVS810 and did not get a good performance out of it. I guess I'll have to throw in a GTX 980ti and use the NVS as a second card for more outputs. I'm testing it tomorrow.
results? =)

Emodem
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Emodem »

Hi
I just tested it with a NVS810 and did not get a good performance out of it. I guess I'll have to throw in a GTX 980ti and use the NVS as a second card for more outputs. I'm testing it tomorrow.
I'm really interested in the results too, because I was thinking of this solution, but I was told 2 graphic cards was not stable in Resolume.
Any answer or info would be appreciated :)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

The problem with multiple GPU is not stability. The problem is getting it to work in the first place.

With the GTX980 or 1080 and NVS810 in particular, the problem is that the computer won't recognise the GTX when both are installed. Nvidia considers using these two cards together 'undefined behaviour'. So even Nvidia's own Control Panel won't show it as an available GPU. It will just show the NVS810. The result is that Resolume will start using the NVS810 as its main renderer, which does not pack enough punch to run 8 HD outputs.

The only way to make this work, is to first disable all the NVS810 outputs via Windows Display manager. Then the GTX becomes available, and you can start Resolume with the GTX as the main renderer. Then you can re-enable the outputs again via Display manager, and have all 8 outputs of the NVS810 available, plus the outputs of the GTX.

We haven't done any real performance tests, because we don't really recommend this setup. It seems to run okay enough, but it's just too much hassle to get it to work. Every time you want to start Resolume, you will have to go through this whole process of disabling and re-enabling. I don't wish it upon my worst enemies to have to do this during the stress of a mid show power failure.

Emodem

Post by Emodem »

Thank you very much Joris for these precisions.
I would like to ask you two questions :
1. If I understand well what you are saying, it's actually stable, but a pain in the neck each time you start your computer and Resolume. So a terrible hassle, but still stable, and packing enough punch to have 8 1080p outputs?
2. Since you are definitely a Resolume expert, what setup would you suggest that would enable me to have 7 or 8 1080p feeds, be stable, and avoid the hassle you're mentioning?
Thanks tn advance :)

Emodem

Post by Emodem »

For instance, would 2 GTx 980 or 1080 work fine together, or would it be the same problem?