Help in configuration

Bro, does your rig even lift?
AlexVS
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Help in configuration

Post by AlexVS »

Hi everyone
Can you help me? I want to work with 8 outputs 1024x768 px from one computer. What's better - one videoadapter+ 3xTrippleHead, or 2 videocards in "CrossFire mode" with 4 DisplayPort outputs each?
And how many maximum outputs 1024x768 with comfortable work i can takes from one computer?

hookerbot
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Help in configuration

Post by hookerbot »

In crossfire, the outputs on the second card are disabled, so all outputs need to be on the first card.
I'd suggesting getting the best single gpu and triplehead or datapath x4 to get the number of outs you need.

Max outputs depends on the rest of your hardware as well, but as a general guide get a good processor, 16gigs of memory and all the SSD you can afford.

Good luck, let us know how your fare.

AlexVS
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by AlexVS »

Thank you!!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

If you want 8 @ XGA outputs that means you need a total of 9 outputs (1 UI and 8 XGA displays), so you'll need a GPU that can:
  • - output to 6 outputs (typical AMD card) and use 2 Matrox TH2G (make sure the GPU supports two TH2G). This is the cost-saving option which will probably cost you about $1000
    - output to 4 outputs (typical Nvidia card) and use 2 Datapath X4 units. This is the preferred option which will probably cost you about $3,800
I run this kind of setup regularly with a GTX980 and 2 Datapath X4 and it works great!