LED panels + projection mapping

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Downtown
Is taking Resolume on a second date

LED panels + projection mapping

Post by Downtown »

So I have some big bright LED panels, and I was booked to bring them to a party by a particularly scatterbrained promoter. I talked with him and we agreed that one rig should run video for both, because the two of us playing different videos would just look messy. The question is, my panels are 2500 lumens per panel and I'll be using 6, and his projector is 2000 lumens. Will he be wasting his time with the projector? Will the panels look bad combined with his projection mapping? Will I completely drown out his effects?

chenthemagician
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: LED panels + projection mapping

Post by chenthemagician »

Match the panels to the projectors, thats your best bet...otherwise it will not work...use the opacity/brightness to control your intensity of the panels from resolume, or you can do it from your processor...either way... that will be the only choice i see you having...

2 cents from Jamaica, currently in Trinidad lol...
HP Omen
8 GB RAM
i7 7th gen 2.8 GHz
Win 10 Home
Nvidia 1050 GTX

Asus G751J - 860M
i7 4710HQ 2.5 GHz
8 GB RAM

Livid OHM RGB Controller

Creating Solutions, Tailored to your needs!

Repping from the 876 - Jamaica "Out of Many, One People"

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

The problem is that a 2K projector is really not bright enough for anything so if you dim your panels to match the brightness is the low-end beamer you might almost need to turn them off!

How big are you panels?

Ladin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Ladin »

Forget it:-)
He will need 10x stronger projector (better two of them togheter), perfect white reflecting surface (or projection screen), and if you will dimm your wall to 1-5% of 100% on your processor, the LED wall will be stil much brighter..