Lumiverse output on ENTTEC DMX USB PRO Mk2

Bro, does your rig even lift?
fabi8bit2
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Lumiverse output on ENTTEC DMX USB PRO Mk2

Post by fabi8bit2 »

Hi Guys,
i'm using right now the enttec usb pro mk2 on arena 5.0.0 but still no multiple universes. Am I right or did i miss something?
Thank you!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: ENTTEC DMX USB PRO Mk2

Post by Joris »

Arena 5 recognizes and can output to both universes of the Mk2.

DMX input to Arena is still limited to a single universe, although you can use either port for it.

fabi8bit2

Post by fabi8bit2 »

thank you Joris for the answer... but i can't visualize the second universe. it's not showing up! i tested with the pro manager and it's ok but inside Arena no chance. Any help?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Are you trying to use it for input or output? It usually helps if you explain what you want to do and what you've tried to make it work so far...

fabi8bit2

Post by fabi8bit2 »

I'm trying to use it for output. i need to drive 6 rgbw led panel with 100dmx channel each.

Joris

Re: Lumiverse output on ENTTEC DMX USB PRO Mk2

Post by Joris »

Awesome. The mk2 works fine with both ports for this. You even see it in action in our Res 5 promo video.

So what have you tried to make it so far?

fabi8bit2

Post by fabi8bit2 »

i'm working on a MBP mid2014 10.10.5 ! i installed the drivers but it's not possible for me to select the lumiverse 2... it's not even on the list... do i need to remove and reinstall the drivers?

Joris

Post by Joris »

So have you actually made a second lumiverse?

shudder_inc
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by shudder_inc »

I am also having issues getting 2 universe output using this device.

I am on a Windows 8.1 machine and trying to output 2 universes to 2 different sets of lights. I have 2 Lumiverses set up in my advanced output but when I open preferences I can only see one instance of the Enttec Pro Mk2. If I try to use the same instance on both outputs but assign them to different Lumiverses, Resolume shows a conflict of overlapping Lumiverse assignments. (which seems totally normal, just thought I'd try)

I can successfully output 2 separate universes of dmx information using the Enttec Pro-Manager app and have also used the links in the Enttec app to make sure I am updated to the latest FTDI drivers but no luck getting 2 instances of the device to show up in Resolume.

It's well documented that Resolume can use the Mk2 to output 2 universes of dmx, no question about it, so I am just wondering what else I should try to remedy this? I'm guessing this is an issue on the Enttec device end just not properly communicating it's potential to Windows and then ultimately creating an issue inside Resolume? Enttec support will be my next stop but any ideas until I hear back would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Joris

Post by Joris »

I think what may be throwing you off, is that you need to create two DMX outputs in the DMX tab of the preferences. You can then assign these outputs to each port of the mk2, and then decide which Lumiverse gets sent to which port.

Think of an output as a way to send out a single Lumiverse worth of data. Even though you're using one Mk2 device with one USB connection, it's actually two outputs. Just like Artnet works with one network cable, but can have up to 256 outputs on that one cable.