Loads of Gear and an idea...

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Andy Darcy
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Loads of Gear and an idea...

Post by Andy Darcy »

hi guys
first time resolume forum user,,
but vj-ed for years with other software and kit, so back at it for my own personal music and video project..
ok i have this kit and wondered if i can use it with resolume at all
1 X Ableton Push mk1
2 X Allen & Heath Xone K2'S
1 X Native Instruments F1
1 X Native Instruments Maschine mk2
1 x Akai LPK 25

I'm on Apple OSX CRAPTAN - (27 inch iMac (2013) - 24 gig of ram on an external SSD )to I'm going to struggle with the K2'S as A & H are dragging the feet on the update with this controller so is the rest of the NI kit worth using for this,
in the past I've used Akai 16 pads, kenton 16 knob midi controller and numerous keyboards etc
I have Resolume Arena 5.0 - Ableton Live 9.5 - Logic X - Final Cut Pro 7 - Maschine
So maybe I'm looking for the TSI files for the NI kit if theres such a thing out in the web,
Im above ok to midi program stuff like my K2'S
i think the Push could be a problem as i haven't seen much on the web as a workaround or a hack to get this to work with anything else...
anyways thanks in advance
Andy

Andy Darcy

Re: Loads of Gear and an idea...

Post by Andy Darcy »

Well so far getting my head round using Live as the basic midi trigger
looking good with the new colours of the pads..

VjSen

Post by VjSen »

Hi! I understand you have used allen and heath xone k2 with resolume. Do you have any advice on how to map the controller? I mean which knob, fader etc to which parameter of resolume (not the way to do the mapping). Thanks in advance!

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Ahh.. Mr. Sen! Because you also copy pasted me this question via PM...I'll copy my answer here too.

A lot of people ask "how should I map my controller?" ........the following question is nearly as hard to answer: "how should I place the furnitures in my house?"

Nobody knows your style of VJing.... there are Vjs out there who only use one single layer.....or another one never uses dashboard dials.....or another one uses 20 layers with 100 effects.....another vj only uses one deck with 500 clips.....another one uses 30 decks with only 10 clips per deck.......another vj build up there sets like this "Background1 , Background2 , Masks, Foreground 1, Foreground 2, FX layer"....

You might see what I try to tell you? There is no wrong, right or typical/normal

I could tell you to place your bed in your kitchen and your HiFi sideboard in your bathroom...... that might make sense for some people ...but maybe not for you.

So my recommendation is.... analyse your style of Vjing...figure out what YOU need to modify fast while a show with your controller. Map your controller. Turn up the music and try supporting the music with your visuals in realtime..... you will fast get an idea of what you really need to map on your controller..

Best wishes
cosmowe
Last edited by cosmowe on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

VjSen

Post by VjSen »

Dear Cosmowe,
Thanks for your answer.
The fact is that I searched for everything that I could find in this forum on xone k2s, that's why I also messaged you.
I totally understand everything you have written above, and that's my opinion on everything someone does. It depends on your style.
But because I'm new to this stuff, I thought I should ask some experts for any kind of advice on the mapping of this controller.
And because I have seen some pictures here on how to map other controllers for resolume, I thought maybe someone would share their thoughts with a newbie.
That's all. Thanks for your time!
Have a nice day!