APC Mini very strange behaviour...

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Rompod
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

APC Mini very strange behaviour...

Post by Rompod »

Hi everyone!

I'm a french user of resolume. I'm having trouble with my new setup. I was previously using an AKAI LPD8 (works like charm with this editor). But recently i decided to get more stuff, so i get myself a APC mini (syncing the two will work well together...).

I'm trying to figure out why this APC mini is capricious like this. First, i now understand that the mini is ment to be used mainly with ableton (which i really don't care, i'm no musician). So there's no editor available for this midi controller on AKAI website (there's one for the LPD8...). I've seen here and there that there's some complain about this product, like light not working well (doesn't work for me...), or the difficulty to midi map this shit.
So, my problem is that i'm not able to make the LPD8 and the Mini work together, sometimes when i touch one of the 8 pad on the LPD8, one clip launch on the APC mini.... And sometimes when i launch a clip on the APC mini, it trigger an another clip on the same APC mini ! It's driving me crazy.

I can remember my first try with the LPD8 and I resolved a lot of problem by simply placing "shortcut controller" instead of note like G#-2 (don't care what note it is and i don't care!). Except that for the APC mini i can only this "notes" when i push any button when trying to place à shortcut... My 2 controller have different channel so my LPD8 is on channel 4 and my APC mini on channel 1... I've tried to see what was going on with MIDI monitor and something strange happened...

When i click on any pad of the LPD8 while watching MIDI monitor it tell's me for example "Channel 4 D1 7 -> D1 127". I'm really not comfortable with all that too old MIDI technology (a lot of bullshit for nothing, at least for a simple 3D generalist like myself...). And then, when i press anything on the APC mini it tell's me something like: "Channel 1 C#1 127 -> C#1 127". And that i don't understand. I can see that something is not going well.
I don't really know how to solve my problems except don't using it...

Any idea what i have to do ? (Sorry for this big text, i really want it to be clear.... mmmm and hoping my english isn't that bad...)

Thank for your future answer! :)

AlexLaika
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: APC Mini very strange behaviour...

Post by AlexLaika »

Im also having problems with the combo
resolume arena + apc mini

> none of the lights are working, or very randomly (from times to times)

> i mapped the pads to launch clips and it works for most of them but on my 3rd row of pads, instead of playing the clips it only launch the preview

Anyone know what could be done to fix this ? If there's anything wrong with the midi settings (im not very familiar with this so im not sure about "input, output" and "Midi middle c" modes (legacy, middle c=c3, middle c=c4)

Thanks a lot !

Alex

Ladin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: APC Mini very strange behaviour...

Post by Ladin »

Hi Alex,
I´m plannig to buy some controller, primary for launching clips from pads and with some faders for transitions etc.. APC mini looks sweet, and for that priice it can be completely without lights.
Does the APC mini work with MIDI input only in Resolume preferences (with midi out off)? Without lights, christmas tree and midi feedback? Just for controlling?

Thanx..

L.