Edirol V-4 Video Mixer

Bro, does your rig even lift?
MtB
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by MtB »

according to the user manual,

notes 24h, 26h, 28h, and 29h controls channel a input 1, 2, 3, and 4
notes 2bh, 2dh, 2fh and 30h controls channel b input 1, 2, 3, and 4

i dont have a keyboard/controler right now so I cant test but if they wrote, it suppose to be ok though :)

bw

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Is it possible to use the bpm function of the V4 to control software via midi?

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

You can transmit data from the controllers,but i dont think it transmits midi clock data.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I sent a question to Edirol:

Does the V4 send midi information out about its status (ie: BPM)? I want to sync up software with the BPM function.

Thank-you

Answer: Greetings,

The BPM control knob will only send MIDI data when the unit is in PRESENTATION mode, with the V-Link function turned ON. Unfortunately, the unit will not actually BPM sync when in this mode. Thuis, the V-4 will BPM sync to MIDI IN data as a slave, but it will not MIDI OUT BPM data as a master.

Best Regards,
Edirol Corporation

Too bad, maybe in the future they will implement this little feature:(

dR

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hey somebody, im trying to control the v-4 with a guitar via midi, but the only thing i can control is the source input, i would like to control the bmp, or other effects like, croma key or crossfade, someone knows if it's possible and how to do it?

tnx

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

is it a midi guitar or a midi convertor? what model/make is it? it sounds like you just need to transmit a different controller from the guitar to the v4, but i could be totally wrong...hehe :)