4 HDMI PCIe capture card ...is it possible to work in Arena?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
mosu
Is taking Resolume on a second date

4 HDMI PCIe capture card ...is it possible to work in Arena?

Post by mosu »

Hi!
I just found this card
http://www.magewell.com/pro-capture-quad-hdmi
that can capture 4 HDMI signals, and according to their spec-description, Windows only...

I would like to know if this card works in Arena or not ?

Or maybe someone can give me any other option that can handle 4+(actually I need five ) HDMI(GoPro) into Arena ( no matter WIN or MAC )

Thank you!!!

Sportinger
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: 4 HDMI PCIe capture card ...is it possible to work in Ar

Post by Sportinger »

Hey,
The specs say the card has direct show, which i think is a good sign it will work with resolume, but i as long as nobody tested it, could possibly not work. Is latenzy an issue in your setup ?
I have good experince with the blackmagic stuff, decklink quad (v1) would have 4 SDI inputs, which can be used simultainiously. You would have to convert every hdmi signal to sdi, which would cost abit.
I worked with 4x decklink recorder(lowcost pcie hdmi input) so with the right motherboard a 5x setup is possible.
I would recommend one decklink quad and one decklink recorder, or two decklink duo and one decklink recorder.

Hope that helps

PS: if you can get your hands on a quad v2, you have up to 8 inputs for the same price as the v1.

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by DayVeeJay »

I'm not sure if the PCIe will make a difference but my BM Intensity Pro cards (R.I.P.) had much lower latency than the Magewell USB 3 capture card. I assume this is because Resolume is designed to work directly with BM devices

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by hive8 »

Just to pitch in I use the 4 HDMI PCIe card first gen, make sure your motherboard has PCIe Lanes, i6700 are no good. I use a 5930 or 5960 to get the 40 PCIe lanes. Also the motherboard must be good. If you can find one, get one with a PCIe data watcher, so you see where the bottleneck would be.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com