Camera which natively shot in DXV 3 codec

Bro, does your rig even lift?
tajnost
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Camera which natively shot in DXV 3 codec

Post by tajnost »

Hi, I'm using Resolume mostly to create video art out of my own footage. I'm wondering is there a camera which can natively shot videos in DXV3? Would be nice to have such a solution and not waste time with converting long clips everyday.

Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Camera which natively shot in DXV 3 codec

Post by Warspite »

No.
Not in this part of galaxy.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

I also don't think there is a camera that could do this.

Do you edit these footages you shoot with your camera?

If you play these footages linearly (one shot), forwards not many at the same time, then other formats would be likely also suited for you.
You should be able to use any mov file with resolume regardless of the codec inside, You could trying to export footages from your favourite video editor to popular camera formats to test which would be working nice with resolume. Then choose a camera that uses that format.
For example native footage from my 5D mark2(h264 1920x1080), single file plays with audio at 40-50 fps on a 2012 macbook pro retina to a single fullscreen output.

Also another approach could be setting up a watch folder, which means, you designate a folder for incoming video, which can be automatically converted to DXV using a selected preset. You'd just drop your files in that folder, and the converting would happen automatically.
I know you can do this with Adobe Media Encoder, other forum users may know other programs for this task.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

tajnost
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by tajnost »

ravensc wrote:Also another approach could be setting up a watch folder, which means, you designate a folder for incoming video, which can be automatically converted to DXV using a selected preset. You'd just drop your files in that folder, and the converting would happen automatically.
I know you can do this with Adobe Media Encoder, other forum users may know other programs for this task.
Interesting idea, thank you!