Epson projectors Tiling feature (multiple projectors from one super-resolution output?)

Bro, does your rig even lift?
joedanger1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Epson projectors Tiling feature (multiple projectors from one super-resolution output?)

Post by joedanger1 »

I was perusing the manual for the epson projectors we have on order and I came across this interesting feature: https://files.support.epson.com/docid/c ... ainer.html

Where essentially using only the projector built-in software (in a networked environment), seemingly independent of the VGA Card or resolume's capabilities, you may tile up to 9 projectors into one large screen.

----

The questions then becomes:

1. Does this mean that 9 Epson projectors TILED together only needs ONE HDMI/DP OUTPUT of resolution (9 x (1920 x 1200)).

2. And therefore only a single signal cable is fed to the MASTER projector. The other 8 projectors will get their signal from the master projector via the network (or by magic).

----

If this is true, then it is mind-blowing because one GTX1080 can handle theoretically up to (4 x 9) or 36 Epson projectors without using other hardware.

Has anyone tried this feature in an epson projector (any Epson reps hanging around here)? It sounds too good to be true.

----

PS. This particular Epson projector also has built in edge blending feature so you can edge blend the 9 projectors by only using the internal menu of the projectors before firing up Resolume.

joedanger1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Epson projectors Tiling feature (multiple projectors from one super-resolution output?)

Post by joedanger1 »

It appears that I have misunderstood this feature. According to the Epson rep, it is either edge blending or tiling. One cannot edge-blend and then tile into one large display. It is indeed to good to be true.

Anyway when the projectors come I will test it out myself and update the forum.