I WANT TO RUN RESOLUME WITH LOTS OF OUTPUTS! PLS HLP!

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Blusound
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: I WANT TO RUN RESOLUME WITH LOTS OF OUTPUTS! PLS HLP!

Post by Blusound »

Hello
any of you has experience with Quadro Sync/Sync II ?
Thanks
Leonardo

Acuariusnightclub12
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Acuariusnightclub12 »

Hello, I have the xeon 28 core w-3175x rig.

Two 2080 ti and two 1080 ti

Also two Nvidia NVS 810's

Issue is its only rendering on one 2080 ti.

The rest are just being used as outputs and wasted power.

I have 14 1080 outputs now mapped over projectors, it runs pretty smooth. About 80% GPU utilization.

About to hook up about 10 more outputs to 10 seperate led video walls. Each one needs to be able to have separate feeds as we would want to make chases and other special efx with this combining the projectors and video walls.

Each cluster of led video panels has its own controller similar to a datapath. But we still need multiple isolated sends from the main rig.

How can I get more rendering power?

Ladin
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Ladin »

Bassindaniel wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 08:47 Use dual "Blackmagic quad 2" sdi's as outputs....
Better don´t do that.
FPS drop and stuttering is unaccetable when using two BMD Quad 2 with all of the outputs enabled..

mwebb9413
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by mwebb9413 »

Ladin wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:26
Bassindaniel wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 08:47 Use dual "Blackmagic quad 2" sdi's as outputs....
Better don´t do that.
FPS drop and stuttering is unaccetable when using two BMD Quad 2 with all of the outputs enabled..
Do we know why this is?
i am having the exact same issue on multuple machines now, and I really need a solution.

paolocuc

Post by paolocuc »

hi, I'm new to the forum.
I have to configure the computer to already use 6 outputs for video projectors (720p resolution single output) and 1 output for the service monitor.
The projectors work side by side with soft age.
Which configuration can be the best?
Thank you.
Paul

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

paolocuc wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:55 hi, I'm new to the forum.
I have to configure the computer to already use 6 outputs for video projectors (720p resolution single output) and 1 output for the service monitor.
The projectors work side by side with soft age.
Which configuration can be the best?
Thank you.
Paul
Welcome...did you read the first post in this topic ?https://resolume.com/support/en/lots-of-outputs

Were do you have more questions?

Also take a look at Datapath hardware
https://www.datapath.co.uk/datapath-pro ... y-products

Its possible to split 1x4k = 4x 1080p = 16x 720p And still keep the frames sync...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Full Spectrum

Post by Full Spectrum »

It is with shame that I hang my head low and post to this pinned newbie post.
(No shaming the newbies, of course. Welcome! Learn things!)

Apologies for the long post. My infinite gratitude for you experts out there who will take the time to dig in to this. I'm at an impasse regarding outputs and need some advice. Here are the two needs:

1. BOTH 4k (12G-SDI) and 1080p (3G-SDI). In my upcoming hypothetical, I need to run 2 NovaStar MCTRL4K Wall Processors (at 4096×2160) AND 4 HD Projectors (at 1920x1080). I am struggling to find a single card that can do even do TWO simultaneous 12G-SDI outputs (I thought the Kona 5 does it, but I think it only does 4x 1080p OR 1x 4k, can anyone clarify?). So EVEN IF I get a Motherboard that supports three 8x PCIe slots (since anything from either BlackMagic or AJA needs that), I can't figure out a way to buy anything that will run it.
2. 100% PCI cards. NOTHING out of the GPU. The environments I'm working in has a techie in charge of the computer who knows absolutely nothing. If the screen order/assignments get switched around or resolutions change (which happens when some adapter in the chain throws a fit), the show is grounded. I've been using Blackmagic Decklink products for some time, though for every twenty flawless shows, one time it hiccups and that's enough for me to want to switch to Aja, though the cost is nearly quadruple.

More stuff:
A. Yes, I know there are ways of locking the EDID of displays for nvidia GPUs, but that seems like such a nightmare.
B. Yes, I know that the MCTRL4K doesn't even support SDI, so I'd need to convert back to HDMI, but again, I don't trust ANYBODY. SDI I/O is the safest way.
C. Seriously, anyone have experience with the Kona 5? It SAYS that all four SDI connectors are 12G... but then later it says that any 12G signal has to be made up of 3G Quad Link, in which a single 12G signal would occupy all four ports. How many displays can I really run with it? $4,000 seems like a lot for a Decklink Duo 2 with some extra HDR bells and whistles.

Your wise council is appreciated!!

Full Spectrum

Post by Full Spectrum »

Update. Just spoke with an AJA rep. Apparently latest firmware enables multiple 12G outputs on the Kona 5, BUT it's software dependent. Meaning Resolume needs to also support it. I don't see why it wouldn't, but the firmware update is new, so IDK. Can I get confirmation either from devs or from experienced users that this works? Don't want to drop 4k unless I'm really sure...

firstodd

Post by firstodd »

re Full Spectrum --- I would also like to know about the Kona 5 / similar solutions, if anyone has input.

I need 2x 4K outputs in sync (gen locked) to achieve full res without tearing on an 2x processor video wall. So 8K pixels wide in total is what our resolume canvas would be to match the wall resolution. Ideally, it would just be display ports or HDMI ports directly into what the processors have, but if we have to convert SDI output with another device after PC output, that's fine.

It also needs to maintain about 60fps+ so if these pci-express output cards tend to be laggy/slow down even when Resolume is processing everything perfectly fine with the GPU and CPU, then that's an issue.

Help/advices! :)

- W :mrgreen: :ugeek:

mixagara

Post by mixagara »

Hello everybody.
I'm new here, but not really new to Resolume.
But this specific issue requires some highly appreciated attention of senior members of this forum.
I'm battling on configuring a server, that can handle 25 Full HD outputs out of Resolume.
A venue is already set with 25 projectors, so that's a given number.
I was thinking of such config:
Motherboard: Asus Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI
Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5965WX / 3955WX ???
RAM: 256Gb @ 3200MHz
Video1: NVIDIA RTX A6000
Video2: Basically any PCI-E 4.0 card.

So I'll run Resolume with 7 4K outputs, then Datapaths fx4.
Something like that.

I know it sounds crazy, but what are my chances?
Please advice.
Thank you in advance.