midi controller with lots of buttons?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
snowcrash
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

midi controller with lots of buttons?

Post by snowcrash »

hi all,

i just got a UC33e a couple days ago, and tried it out tonight at a gig with sasha. very cool device, really liked its interface with resolume, now i want more more more! can anybody suggest another midi device that is nothing but buttons?

i'd like to be able to map basically everything off the keyboard onto some other hardware, like a big grid of buttons....thanks in advance!

sc

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

I hunted a while ago and came to the conclusion the uc-33 was the best value for control I could find.

Check out the react controller (on this forum). It is custom made for resolume but will be costly....

vjsnowcrash
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by vjsnowcrash »

yeah - i went ahead and bought a UC33e, thus far i'm very impressed, really changed my whole outlook/style with resolume live.

however, i'd really love a device that was simply a grid of assignable buttons....like 16 - 100 assignable buttons. so simple that nobody has ever made it?

sc

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Sounds like your are looking for MPC's. I.e. check out the Akai MPD 16 MIDI Controller .

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

Akai also do a version or the pads on the mpc's, but just the pads with a usb interface...

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

You want buttons? Check out http://www.xkeys.com/xkeys.php.

They make one module which is just a 4x5 grid - perfect for triggering. It registers as a USB keyboard. I have one and it works well.

I suppose you could run it through a MIDI mapper if you wanted MIDI and not keystrokes.