ryzen + vega?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
admiralperpetual
Is taking Resolume on a second date

ryzen + vega?

Post by admiralperpetual »

has anyone tried running resolume on the ryzen 5 2400G or 2200G with the on-board Vega graphics?

have a mATX system with a 4790K + gtx 760 which has died, thinking of swapping the cpu/motherboard/ram for a ryzen mATX system.. if the 2400G's vega graphics are somewhat similar in power to a gtx 760 I could theoreitcally use all the PCI-E slots for input/output cards instead for example.

also related, have a few systems with i7 6700/7700/8700 and have issues with the computer occasionally dropping one of the 2x I/O cards, guessing it's because it doesn't have enough PCI-E lanes and the motherboard decides to drop the card.. haven't run into that on our Xeon system for example so maybe Ryzen would have the same advantage? lower clock speed is concerning though

admiralperpetual

Re: ryzen + vega?

well since it seems no one has tried it, had no choice but to order the parts myself!

will report back in a week or two once it's all built and tested

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

admiralperpetual wrote:has anyone tried running resolume on the ryzen 5 2400G or 2200G with the on-board Vega graphics?

have a mATX system with a 4790K + gtx 760 which has died, thinking of swapping the cpu/motherboard/ram for a ryzen mATX system.. if the 2400G's vega graphics are somewhat similar in power to a gtx 760 I could theoreitcally use all the PCI-E slots for input/output cards instead for example.

also related, have a few systems with i7 6700/7700/8700 and have issues with the computer occasionally dropping one of the 2x I/O cards, guessing it's because it doesn't have enough PCI-E lanes and the motherboard decides to drop the card.. haven't run into that on our Xeon system for example so maybe Ryzen would have the same advantage? lower clock speed is concerning though
1950x + Vega
1950x + 2x 1080ti
pushing 5x 4k outputs hitting 60fps.

admiralperpetual

cvanhoose wrote:
admiralperpetual wrote:has anyone tried running resolume on the ryzen 5 2400G or 2200G with the on-board Vega graphics?

1950x + Vega
1950x + 2x 1080ti
pushing 5x 4k outputs hitting 60fps.
nice! though I'm talking about these:

https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-2400g

so, it's an APU - ryzen quad core cpu + vega 11 'core' gpu on one chip.

I finally put the system together last night but couldn't get it to post.. suspect the motherboard is running too old of a bios. had to drop off for bios update.. out of town next week so this will need to wait a bit longer :)

admiralperpetual

OK update:

got back into town and fired it up. seems I can't get our 3200mhz ram to run at full speed so have settled for 3000mhz for now, CPU is set to 3.9ghz and the Vega graphics part is still stock 400mhz+.. will try raising that later.

at the moment in resolume if I disable vsync and set everything to performance in the graphics driver the performance is pretty good, getting around 120fps at 720p with a couple GPU outputs.

added two decklink quad2 cards and set the outputs to 720p60 - the second I added one output performance went down to about 45fps so huge hit there, but was able to go to 12 outputs and have it stay steady at 23.98fps - tho after leaving it running for a couple hours I saw it dip down to 22fps occasionally for some reason. in this case I would use a single decklink quad2 and a duo2, the second decklink quad2 might be limited by the second PCI-E slot actually being X4 instead of X8 on these b350 boards.

anyway, pretty happy overall - the system is much much more clean now using the m.2 ssd and no dedicated GPU. was always a pain to open up these small systems when a cable came lose on the road.
IMG_7961.JPG