HDMI splitter

Bro, does your rig even lift?
BlakeBlack
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

HDMI splitter

Post by BlakeBlack »

Hi everyone,

All is well if I use a Samsung TV, but if I plug in some small computer monitor with DVI-D input, via a connector adapter, I get nothing. :( I even tested by plugging the cables directly, without the HDMI splitter, it works fine.

One of the monitors, a Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1, reports "frequency out of range" when the cable comes from the splitter. The other kind of monitors, iiyama ProLite PB1705S, doesn't do anything and goes into stand-by mode. :x

I wish I could specify the model of HDMI splitter, but it says nothing specific on it. General things like 8-port HDMI Splitter, made in China and there's a barcode label. Power is 12 Volts. :|

I'm ready to replace it with another one, but how do I know if it will work with my monitors? I can only think of seeking local used ones and trying it out before buying.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: HDMI splitter

Post by He2neg »

Do you ever heard of HDCP?
Could be the Problem. Or your Splitter is just broke. On the cheap side i can tell i never had problems with Ligawo Stuff

And pls tell us more...

Like:
Source - > Cables / Splitters / everything---> Monitor....
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Part of the issue is that you're dealing with two different resolutions:
  • - Fujitsu Premium Line P15-1 - LCD monitor - 15": Native Resolution 1280 x 1024
    - Iiyama ProLite PB1705S-1 - LCD monitor - 17": Native Resolution 1024 x 768
I don't believe you'll be able to make this work with a cheap splitter unless you can force your Fujitsu screen to take a 1024x768 signal to match your Iiyama screen.

I'd recommend a Barco Image Pro II Dual output for this kind of setup but it's probably going to be way out of your budget.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

How many monitors total? Might be simplest to stick to one make/model.

BlakeBlack

Post by BlakeBlack »

Thanks 4 your replies, guys!

I will respond in turn...

1) No, i did not hear. Can you explain to me what is HDCP?

2)Ouu... Thanks... I completely forgot about the different extensions... Do u know how to tune this monitor?

3) As I say : I use 2 monitors....

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

As i didnt check the 2 Monitors as Oaktown did...

I go alonge with his answer that the problem are the 2 different resolutions of your screens. You may can try to send the lower resolution.

A quick journy to the hdcp topic. I dont think this is the problem in your setup:

HDCP is the modern security protocol for protecting digital Content. It start comunicating with all stuff inside your signal chain. ( are you hdcp conform -> yes -> pass on -> and you ? -> yes -> back to your source again...) when 1 part in your signal chain cant handle hdcp the source will stop sending the signal.

On Macbooks the HDCP (on default) is part of the signal, also if the content you are sending isnt hdcp protected. The solution is to "ask" your macbook if hdcp can be turned off and the content is fine with that.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

BlakeBlack

Post by BlakeBlack »

About my resolutions - I understand, thanks!( I would be grateful if someone from you will tell you how to customize the screen liyama)

About HDCP... sorry, but I still can not understand how it affects the signal flow. :?:
:oops:

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

If 1 part of your setup is not hdcp conform it stops complete... ;)

With your setup you can only try to send different resolutions. Maybe there is one resolution both monitors can handle...

But on is 5/4 aspect ratio and the other is 4/3 aspect ratio so i guess you cant find a resolution for both.

Dont your Source / Laptop etc can handle 2 different Outputs?
~Berlin~

BlakeBlack

Post by BlakeBlack »

He2neg wrote:If 1 part of your setup is not hdcp conform it stops complete... ;)

With your setup you can only try to send different resolutions. Maybe there is one resolution both monitors can handle...

But on is 5/4 aspect ratio and the other is 4/3 aspect ratio so i guess you cant find a resolution for both.

Dont your Source / Laptop etc can handle 2 different Outputs?
Now it most clearly ... Thank you! :D

Ammm...I have HDMI output and USB output... There are two more incomprehensible to me outputs (they look like from my grandmother's old TV) ... But I do not know what they do... :roll:

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

HDCP
phpBB [video]

Changing screen resolution

Win7
phpBB [video]

Win10
phpBB [video]

MacOS
phpBB [video]

Can you tell us brand and model of your laptop?

Greetings
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar