multiple-screen

Bro, does your rig even lift?
loys
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

multiple-screen

Post by loys »

Hi Anonimous!
I've seen your huge wark station. It's a paradise for people who like enjoying with eyes.
I have a small(and maybe stupid) problem, may be you can tell me someThing?

I saw the "screen setup" section in resolume.
It needs to send different layer on different output(projector or monitor etc.).
I understood how to do it, it's quite simple couse resolume is very userfriendly. My problem is that i' m not able to visualize more than one out screen. I mean:
I have a radeon 9700. It supports multiple screens. I tried to attach the vga cable to the monitor where i can see the interface of resolum and the preveiw window(it 's a normal pc with monitor).
Then I put a s-video cable to the first projector where i'll send only the first layer(for example). So i can extend my desktop on the second screen, no problem. I go in resolume to tell him to send the first layer to the first projector....no problem.
Now i want to send the second layer to another output....then i put a composit cable(on the same video card, radeon 9700) on to a second projector.....
My computer can not to see it...and, off corse, resolume as well.
I go agein in "screen setup" and resolume can see my monitor, the first projector and not the last one.
Why?
What should i do?
Do you think it is a videocard problem?
Wich card can support three output?

thanks
loys from sstudioloyss

DAS BEN
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by DAS BEN »

normal videocards just support 2 outputs, even if you have a second monitor and svhs out, you have to choose between one of them. you have to use 2 cars or a special card like matrox for multiple monitors.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks Das Ben.
Do you think that Matrox supprort 3 output?
....Or....Can i put on my normal motherboard another videocard and than use bouth together?
Danke
Loys

dj-ad

Post by dj-ad »

i don't think it is possible to have 2 video cards work both on the same motherboard... i didn't yet try but it seems to me a bit hard to believe...

With Win XP i managed (really simply) to have 5 sound cards to make a full 5stereo in / 5 stereo out sound card... i just plugged the 5 cards to the motherboard and then installed required drivers, you have to choose in windows multimedia properties the main output and main input and your audio software you can then assigne any channel of the mixer to any desired out or in...

but as for video card it seems really really hard to believe as you don't have any choice of output source from any video card within windows except in the display properties of the attached video card...

i mean you don't have the choice within windows to select an output source, it's a builtin option from the card manufacturer so even if 2 cards can work together (talking about hardware) you won't be able to make software attach both of them simultaneously...

you know what, gonna try... :P i just want to know :)
i'll let you know the result stay tuned :)

[Edited on 24-6-2005 by dj-ad]

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

you can use 2 video cards on the same computer, back when the voodoo 2 series were out you had to have a 2d video card, and then the voodoo for your 2d videocard. anyway......

you will have to get a realy new motherboard that has PCI express, and an AGP slot, or just 2 PCI E's. any PCIE card will do, as its only the geforce 6 series that are PCIE, so these are faily decent cards.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

A Radeon9800Pro AGP-Card and a Radeon9200 PCI-Card on the same PC works well for me. The Driver-Controlpanel is the same for both cards.

It works with 3 VGA Monitors. I don't know if this works for S-Video/Composite as well..

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Under Win2000 and WinXP you can simply add as many pci cards as you want and expand your desktop over those.
Problems can only appear due to incompatiblities. Many old mainboards don't accept several graphic cards.

loys

Post by loys »

:mad:
Thanks to everybody....A multyple advises answer for a multyple screen question!
Nice
...Dj Ad...Thanks, i''ll whait some result.
:mad:

dj-ad

Post by dj-ad »

Well i've testing it but with some old PCI card it doesn't work (Hercule Dynamite 128, S3 Virge DX64, S3 Virge, Matrox Mystique, Matrox Millenium II, 3DFX) i don't know why... I have lots of interrupt conflicts, tryed to lighten my configuration and removing SCSI, USB devices, cdrom, dvdrom... but still doesn't work... Can my FSB affect this ? i'm using AMD XP2000+ with FSB266 and SDRAM PC 133MHz...

I've tested with other PC with onboard Intel graphic Card and when plugging AGP cards, it doesn't work because onboard GFX is automatically disabled for AGP... must test with AGP on that system and PCI cards but i think my PCI cards are really too old ??? i'll try to find some more recent cards to make my tests...

Can anyone tell me wich card they use in this way please ? and how many different displays can resolume support ??? as for me, for the moment i'm with a radeon 8500Pro and making dual screen at home or CRT/TV-out during live set on parties...

But it would be interesting to have my different layers with effects displayed on separate screens, and having the main TV-out streaming to video mixer wich can support monitor, rec and video projector...

Thanks all.