GoPro Hero 5 Session to Resolume

Bro, does your rig even lift?
StephenSparke
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

GoPro Hero 5 Session to Resolume

Post by StephenSparke »

Hi,

I recently purchased a couple of GoPro Hero 5 Sessions without looking at doing anything to do with Resolume. I am now wanting to use these as a live input into Resolume.

I already have a blackmagic card that we could use for the input but we are wondering whether the signal can be outputted from the USB-C on the GoPro, into the HDMI of the blackmagic card with a USB-C - HDMI cable. (I don't really want to buy the cable if it's not going to work)

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks in advance

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: GoPro Hero 5 Session to Resolume

Post by Empyfree »

Doesn’t look like it. GoPro mentioned that it might be possible with a (GoPro branded) adaptor (not just a cable) but then it seems they haven’t brought that adaptor out yet.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Could you go Micro HDMI into your BMD card?

StephenSparke
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by StephenSparke »

This gopro doesn't have a micro hdmi port unfortunately. Only USB-C

dradutu
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dradutu »

hero 4 black had an usb to av output, i guess if you sacrifice a usbc cable and connect the right wires to a rca plug, you'll get analog out.

i once bought a camera off ebay, unbranded, Allwinner V3, paid 20$, claimed 4k but maybe 1080 quality. it had 720p through miniusb and resolume recognised it. still have it. laggy though, half a second maybe, but that's the same with capture cards usually. but also poor low light, surely worse than gopro. if your friend has one of these gopro knockoffs give it a try

also, look into streaming wirelessly the gopro to vlc and spouting vlc to resolume. or maybe use ndi in vlc, i think there's a plugin for it