Questions about Video Outputs

Bro, does your rig even lift?
jmibk
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Questions about Video Outputs

Post by jmibk »

I want to build up some Hardware for Arena 6 and there are some Questions, maybe someone can answer :D

I want to use a GTX1080Ti graphics card.
1) is it possible to use another (cheap) graphics card for the main screen output (windows desktop and arena controls), and for the mapped program out up to 4 outputs of the 1080 without having much performance problems?
Background is: Ive found a rack case with a built in screen, connected via VGA (yes, thats what the manual says). So I like to have a second graphics card with an VGA port on it, that you can screw away from the back panel and so I can connect the case screen internally without having cables flapping outside in the breeze.

2) I like to have SDI outputs - if possible direct on the computer. There are some SDI cards like the desklink from blackmagic (they can compine in and outputs in one card for example). Is it possible to use these cards as an output, so the magic happens in the 1080 and the output later on the blackmagic? Or is there another solution for that?

There is a SDI card from Nvidia out there, but only for Quadro graphics. Makes it sense to use quadro graphics for resolume arena (insted the 1080) having most of the performance of an 1080? Aim should be 3x or 4x FullHD or 2x or 3x 4K output without any adapters or external mapping hardware.
Board with enough PCI lanes (24) and a new I7 CPU with lower count but higher clocked cores with plenty (32Gig) of RAM is planned.

Maybe someone has some advice

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Questions about Video Outputs

Post by Zoltán »

jmibk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 09:06 1) is it possible to use another (cheap) graphics card for the main screen output (windows desktop and arena controls), and for the mapped program out up to 4 outputs of the 1080
Yes,
jmibk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 09:06 without having much performance problems?
Probably not. Your mileage may wary.
I'd expect about half of the FPS you'd get with outputs on the main GPU only.
jmibk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 09:06 There are some SDI cards like the desklink from blackmagic (they can compine in and outputs in one card for example). Is it possible to use these cards as an output, so the magic happens in the 1080 and the output later on the blackmagic?
Yes, Blackmagic cards are supported natively for output, but only in Arena.
jmibk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 09:06 Board with enough PCI lanes (24) and a new I7 CPU with lower count but higher clocked cores with plenty (32Gig) of RAM is planned.
Your CPU has to have enough lanes too, and don't forget to count in your I/O like the m.2 slot.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:59
jmibk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 09:06 1) is it possible to use another (cheap) graphics card for the main screen output (windows desktop and arena controls), and for the mapped program out up to 4 outputs of the 1080
Yes,
jmibk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 09:06 without having much performance problems?
Probably not. Your mileage may wary.
@ jmibk, keep in mind that all the rendering will be done on the primary GPU (the one that has the UI connected to it) so if you use a cheap GPU as a primary one, you will probably take a large performance hit! you're probably better off using the 1080 as your primary card and getting the 4th output on the secondary GPU OR skip the secondary GPU altogether and get a Datapath FX4 or a used X4 if you're on a budget.

emmaryan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by emmaryan »

when ever i want to attached my Laptop with my projector Through HDMI the Screen Sharing Option will be hide
What is the Problem

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

emmaryan wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 19:03 when ever i want to attached my Laptop with my projector Through HDMI the Screen Sharing Option will be hide
What is the Problem
Is your GUI duplicated on the Projector's output?
Then it's the presentation mode being activated by windows to mirror your displays.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/presenta ... -windows-7
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu