Notebook

Bro, does your rig even lift?
grender
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Notebook

Post by grender »

I'm thinking of buying this notebook:
Acer Aspire 1804WSMib, P4 540,512Mb,100Gb,17'',MCE
+ an external harddrive. Will this work for resolume, or would you buy a different notebook?

SuperficiaL
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

looks good

Post by SuperficiaL »

but i think for the same money u could build a no comprimise pc with internal hd and tft monitor, which gives u a lot more possibilities when it comes to upgrading and cooling...
just out of curiousity: why do u want to buy a laptop? is it just for the mobility or is for another reason?

greetz,
SuperficiaL

grender
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by grender »

thnx for your reply. you're completly right about buying a pc. i was indeed thinking about a laptop for mobility because i'm working in 2 offices. for vj-ing it doesn't matter me because i always use a lot of gear. my solution for the 2 offices: 2 pc's and 1 external hard drive :)

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

I'm in quite the same situation.
I was using a laptop for the two offices and for vjing, but now my cooler of my vaio got too dirty, thus the cooling got very ineffective.
That's were the problems started: I had to return it to sony (otherweise i had lost guarantee). After 3 weeks they send me my notebook back - guess what - it was defect. So i had to _prove_ them, that it was crashing and than send it back to Sony support. I'm still waiting for it, and the whole story sucks big time.
I own an expensive notebook, that is away for almost 5 weeks now, just because you are not allowed to clean it yourself.

What i've learned from that: Sony sucks massivly.
Better to have a computer you can upgrade/repair/clean yourself (or at least give it to a service in your city).

deep_delete
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by deep_delete »

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

Should be A OK

I just got an aspire 5024wlmi and resolume actually works fine at 25-30fps with the INTERNAL drive ALONE - although that dives when the drive is accessed so definately go for the external drive.

Alienware are ripoffs (again)

Highly recommend Acer lappys and http://www.cclonline.com to buy them from

Aviod shopacer.com