I need PC build for live feed and almost no delay

Bro, does your rig even lift?
meshal
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: I need PC build for live feed and almost no delay

Post by meshal »

cosmowe wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 07:28Yes correct.
That's mean I'm losing the beauty of resolume, I don't want to lose that. Is there an alternative way to do so?

Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Yuckfou157 »

You also have (rather high end) switchers thatcan work with layers, so you have a bottom layer that holds resolume visible and a layer on top that does the camera, but you cannot use the advanced output from resolume for mapping the camera if you want that, and they are rather pricey, like 8000$ + (analog way, grass valley i.e. the real ones...)

techiejay
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by techiejay »

Just to pick up on this - sounds like I do similar work to the OP and also need to use Resolume for live camera - we work with super-wide LED walls so often need to put graphics either side of any live feed, to stop presenters from looking 5 metres wide.

I'm in the process of upgrading my rig - new MSI B360 motherboard, i7-8700 CPU, 32GB RAM all in the post as we speak - but I'm interested to see:
Yuckfou157 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 23:00 You also have (rather high end) switchers thatcan work with layers, so you have a bottom layer that holds resolume visible and a layer on top that does the camera, but you cannot use the advanced output from resolume for mapping the camera if you want that, and they are rather pricey, like 8000$
Now, I'm well aware that zero latency just isn't going to happen, I'm expecting a couple of frames from each link in the chain, but this is do-able....right? I'm worried that the recommendation is like a $8k switcher instead of a new rig or some added RAM. Am I expecting too much??

meshal

Post by meshal »

That's great, but is resolume work more on CPU or gpu so that i7 is enough or should pick i9 so that can process more. Idk if switcher going to be pretty looking like only using reaolume

techiejay

Post by techiejay »

meshal wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 22:09 That's great, but is resolume work more on CPU or gpu so that i7 is enough or should pick i9 so that can process more. Idk if switcher going to be pretty looking like only using reaolume
To be honest, my previous spec was showing very low resource usage during the choppy vid slowdowns, so I couldn't tell you. I asked here and I asked at the BMD forums and got nothing, so honestly, I'm just throwing money at it to get to a decent spec where I can start looking elsewhere if it's still not right.

Eledtech

Post by Eledtech »

We have a new i9 10 core with 64gb, nvme 4tb and rtx 2080ti as main hardware.
For input we have 1x datapath SC uhd2, 1 x bm 8k (4x4k input) and bm decklink duo.

3 x ptz optics SDI cams

Our best experience is:
-LED processor no scaling
-Nvidia control panel turn of vsync and no pretender frames
-resolume 60p comp
-datapath and bm8k set input to 1080p (if not 4k is important)
-all ptz cams directly into bm 8k(SDI) or datapath (hdmi)

Result in a live concert:
Try to avoid long lip shots, there is a small noticeable delay, it's there and most of guests won't notice, but it can feel a little like a playback performance.

Result in congress or discussions:
Best and quickest solution so far.
Use 4 other inputs for power points and customer is happy. No massive hardware rig like ascender barco etc needed.

I didn't test any exact delays yet, but I would say the total is around 100-150ms.

It also depends on led processor, new nova pro HD Jr has with a8s receiver cards in led wall are much faster, nearly 0 latency, this could reduce everything to around 80-100 ms
Visual and led designer at eledtech and aseven night club/Berlin.

meshal

Post by meshal »

That's an excellent detailed comment,

Thank you for that; I will probably do this. If you have more suggestion on the build, I would appreciate it

meshal

Post by meshal »

Can you specify the items number? So that I can look it up. Thank you

meshal

Post by meshal »

If you can give me your number so that I can get more info. Thank you. If it is easier this is my number +966566790988

lightbx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by lightbx »

meshal, can you say why you use the Blackmagic as your primary card, as opposed to the Datapath? I have had better experience personally with Datapath capture cards, in terms of low latency. I'm also told that Barco, disguise, etc. use Datapath cards in many of their units.