I need PC build for live feed and almost no delay

Bro, does your rig even lift?
FirstNationEnt
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: I need PC build for live feed and almost no delay

Post by FirstNationEnt »

Eledtech wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 17:03 We have a new i9 10 core with 64gb, nvme 4tb and rtx 2080ti as main hardware.
For input we have 1x datapath SC uhd2, 1 x bm 8k (4x4k input) and bm decklink duo.

3 x ptz optics SDI cams

Our best experience is:
-LED processor no scaling
-Nvidia control panel turn of vsync and no pretender frames
-resolume 60p comp
-datapath and bm8k set input to 1080p (if not 4k is important)
-all ptz cams directly into bm 8k(SDI) or datapath (hdmi)

Result in a live concert:
Try to avoid long lip shots, there is a small noticeable delay, it's there and most of guests won't notice, but it can feel a little like a playback performance.

Result in congress or discussions:
Best and quickest solution so far.
Use 4 other inputs for power points and customer is happy. No massive hardware rig like ascender barco etc needed.

I didn't test any exact delays yet, but I would say the total is around 100-150ms.

It also depends on led processor, new nova pro HD Jr has with a8s receiver cards in led wall are much faster, nearly 0 latency, this could reduce everything to around 80-100 ms
I could really use your knowledge to put the parts together for a custom build. if you have the time!

dcaiman
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dcaiman »

With proper settings, you can have 2 frames at the output at 60p and 3 frames at 30p.

The configuration of the machine and the components of the computer are important.
The capture card is essential.

Some manufacturers have more latency than others.

rakkioo7

Post by rakkioo7 »

I'm utilizing normal one right now I need another form that doesn't have that a lot of deferral. For the most part, you don't see the postponement or nearly doesn't exist since it is so little. I'm utilizing Blackmagic as a catch card the 12G. I don't have the foggiest idea what should I use as GPU and CPU to lessen that measure of deferral

alfaleader
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by alfaleader »

Eledtech wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 17:03 We have a new i9 10 core with 64gb, nvme 4tb and rtx 2080ti as main hardware.
For input we have 1x datapath SC uhd2, 1 x bm 8k (4x4k input) and bm decklink duo.

3 x ptz optics SDI cams

Our best experience is:
-resolume 60p comp

Try to avoid long lip shots, there is a small noticeable delay, it's there and most of guests won't notice, but it can feel a little like a playback performance.

Use 4 other inputs for power points and customer is happy. No massive hardware rig like ascender barco etc needed.

I didn't test any exact delays yet, but I would say the total is around 100-150ms.

It also depends on led processor, new nova pro HD Jr has with a8s receiver cards in led wall are much faster, nearly 0 latency, this could reduce everything to around 80-100 ms
It also depends on your camera, PTZoptics has some more delay when you compare it to broadcast camera's.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

First question that needs to be asked before we talk any specs is:
What is your total Input count that is needed?
What is your total Output count that is needed?
What format does your I/O's need to be? (HDMI, SDI, DP)
What distances will this machine be from your I/O sources?
Finally, What is your budget?

In terms of Resolume, More cores for a CPU isn't better. Higher base clock speed is king. Having at least 4 cores is good enough, you really don't need more past that point.
One other thing you need to keep an eye on is how many PCIe lanes your CPU will support. This is Key for having a lot of I/O.
Same goes for those using Adobe AE, AE renderer only uses a single core. (There are other methods, but that's a discussion for a different thread.). And if you're doing c4D GPU rendering is a much smarter and budget friendly option.
Most of Resolumes work is done on the GPU. If you're doing a ton of deck switching, having a beefy CPU and system memory will help, but from what i'm reading into this setup, I have a feeling this is going to be used as a cheap alternative to something like an E2 or Spyder, so CPU (and the large budget that follows) shouldn't be the focus of this build.

This is a handy tool when searching for specific feature when it comes to CPU's: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... d-Min=3600

For a CPU, I'd recommend looking at these options: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 608,198019
All of these have a base clock speed clost to 4Ghz and at least 48 PCIe lanes. Also these CPU's are all under $1k. Most are Xeon's but there is a single i9 in there as well (incase you don't want to go down the Xeon route).
IMO the W-2245 seems to be the best bang for the buck: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... 0-ghz.html

For a MOBO get something with as many PCIe slots as you can for extended I/O builds.

With the new 3000 series from nVidia coming out, a 3070 is essentially a 2080ti but your only spending roughly $400 vs $1200 (sucks for those 2080ti owners lol)

If you need your output sync'd then Quadro is the way to go (along with some FX4's).

System memory should be at least 16gb these days (for how cheap it is), I start my builds at 32gb and go up to (and not over) 64gb

At least 1tb of nvme storage for OS and then some SSD sata's for content storage (I prefer Samsung).

I/O and budget really will determine what I/O cards is needed.
I would stay away from anything BMD.

Hope this helps.
Reply back with your I/O needs and your budget if you can.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

3 x ptz optics SDI cams

Our best experience is:
-resolume 60p comp

I'd keep that V-Sync ON unless you like screen tearing ;)

akkronik

Post by akkronik »

Hi guys,

Don't forget: Signal is passing from Decklink through your GPU via PCIe slot, this will add a 60ms to 100ms depending on your framerate etc...

LOOK AT THIS FROM THE RESOLUME SUPPORT SECTION:

https://resolume.com/support/en/live-inputs

How low latency is low latency? That depends on the resolution, framerate, the connection type, the device and your computer hardware. For devices connected via PCIe or Thunderbolt, you can expect something in 60ms-100ms range on 1080p60. For USB3.0 devices, 80ms-120ms is a good ballpark figure.

Tip! Zero latency is a pipe dream. You will get the lowest latency by connecting your camera straight to the display device. Even then, your display hardware will introduce a little bit of latency.

We support capture devices from

Blackmagic
Datapath
AJA

--

Hope this will helps anyone who looking for some answer