Need some hardware advice for Resolume!

Bro, does your rig even lift?
xdjxklusivex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Need some hardware advice for Resolume!

Post by xdjxklusivex »

UsherBhai wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:18 Hello everyone,,
I need to pick up a laptop that will run Resolume and Qlab. I really want the new MacBook Pro 15", but it's so $$$. The Apple chat representative recommended this 2012 refurb, but I wasn't totally convinced. Would you guys check out these specs and give me your take? Is it worth it/not worth it to cough up for the new one? Will this do the job?

Originally released June 2012 15.4-inch (diagonal) Retina display; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM 512GB Flash Storage 720p FaceTime HD Camera NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Cheers, many thanks for any advice you can give me.
I have a 2012 MBP 15 2.7 non Retina with 16gigs ram and 1tb ssd. Its main use is as my DJ laptop but sometimes I use it for resolume set and forget shows. It does the job if its only a few layers but jumping through decks is slow. If you're getting a laptop I wouldn't get it lol.

Side note I just picked up a blade 15 inch 2018 advanced model and that thing is kicking ass so far. Its not as powerful as my desktop setup but for how small it is I like it and plan on using it a lot more.