Simulation max Load for Rig without Hardware

Bro, does your rig even lift?
He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Simulation max Load for Rig without Hardware

Post by He2neg »

Hey Folks,

It is equal if i simulate Outputs compared to the real world with real Outputs?

I want/need to test if my Laptop can handle enough Outputs and is still working nice enough.

The task is run 2x 1920x1080 & 1x 4k + Arena GUI ( 1920x1080)

Is it the same load on the System to render simulated Outs without having something plugged in ?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Simulation max Load for Rig without Hardware

Post by Joris »

Resolume is smart enough to not render virtual outs if they're not actually being sent anywhere. So the best way to do load testing is always to have the physical outs connected.

One way to trick the system is to add a second virtual out and then route the original out into this virtual out. This will trick Resolume into thinking the original out is being used for something and it will do all the rendering it would do when sending it to a physical out.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Simulation max Load for Rig without Hardware

Post by He2neg »

thats good to know...
I indeed did collect all my hardware i found in the basement and turned my room into somekind of tech cave.

next time i will go the virtual way...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~