MIDI Shortcut target help

Bro, does your rig even lift?
xdjxklusivex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

MIDI Shortcut target help

Post by xdjxklusivex »

I did a bit of searching but was unable to find a good answer to this.

Basically on my MIDI (sometimes apc40 sometimes kontrol x1) I want to try to make my mapped pads work with specific clips no matter where the clip is located.

Example PAD 1,1 to L1 C1 or PAD 1,1 to L7 C7 without changing the midi mapping.

From what I understand its possible but I might be reading the guide wrong.
Shortcut Target
When you assign shortcuts to clip triggers or controls on the layer, clip or group panels, you'll see this target option. The Target option lets Resolume know exactly how you want to apply the shortcut. There are three modes:

By Position
This target just applies the shortcut to whatever order the clips or layers are in. This is the default mode for shortcuts on the layer and group panels.

For instance, shortcuts for Layer Opacity default to By Position. Because you probably always want your first fader on your MIDI controller to control the first layer in your composition, regardless of how you re-order the layers afterwards.

This Clip, Layer or Group
This target applies the shortcut to this specific clip, layer or group, regardless of where you move it.

This way, you can assign a shortcut to always trigger a specific clip, like a color flash. It doesn't matter whether that clip is in layer 1, column 1 or layer 27, column 95. It will always be triggered by that specific shortcut.

Beware! When you delete that specific clip, layer or group, of course the shortcut disappears with it!

Selected Clip, Layer or Group
This target applies the shortcut to whatever clip, layer or group is currently selected. This will always be the clip, layer or group that is currently shown in its respective panel. This is the default target for any shortcuts you apply on the clip panel.
By position works fine no issues, this clip does not. I am unable to select 'this clip' on the side when a clip is loaded in already. I can select a blank spot on the deck and assign it to 'this clip' but as soon as I put my own clip in there it goes away.

Also this would help when adding layers in between already mapped buttons my midi positions wont change.

What am I doing wrong?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: MIDI Shortcut target help

Post by Arvol »

If you have a specific clip in a specific deck, it will only fire when that deck is loaded. making that clip persistent is a work around.
Not sure if that will help you or not?

xdjxklusivex

Post by xdjxklusivex »

Arvol wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 02:00 If you have a specific clip in a specific deck, it will only fire when that deck is loaded. making that clip persistent is a work around.
Not sure if that will help you or not?
That would be by position, right?

I guess im misunderstanding the following

This Clip, Layer or Group
This target applies the shortcut to this specific clip, layer or group, regardless of where you move it.

This way, you can assign a shortcut to always trigger a specific clip, like a color flash. It doesn't matter whether that clip is in layer 1, column 1 or layer 27, column 95. It will always be triggered by that specific shortcut.

Shouldn't that mean if I assign a shortcut to say Layer 1 clip 1 and then move it to layer 8 clip 10 the same shortcut should work for that clip without having to reassign it after placing it in its new location?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

xdjxklusivex wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 18:28 I can select a blank spot on the deck and assign it to 'this clip' but as soon as I put my own clip in there it goes away.
Are you putting the clip there by moving an existing clip to the empty slot, or do drop Video/audio file form the file browser to the clip slot?

The first is exchanging the empty clip with the other clip (moving the This target), the second is adding track to the empty slot.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

xdjxklusivex

Post by xdjxklusivex »

Zoltán wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 18:52
xdjxklusivex wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 18:28 I can select a blank spot on the deck and assign it to 'this clip' but as soon as I put my own clip in there it goes away.
Are you putting the clip there by moving an existing clip to the empty slot, or do drop Video/audio file form the file browser to the clip slot?

The first is exchanging the empty clip with the other clip (moving the This target), the second is adding track to the empty slot.
I was moving it into the empty slot. I will try by adding it from the file browser and see how it works out.