Datapath Benefits?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
techiejay
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Datapath Benefits?

Post by techiejay »

Hi All,

I've not used a Datapath on my rig up to yet, but whenever we've hired a server in, they always come with one racked up.

From what I can see, they're just an easy way to split one input into up to 4 outputs, but I'm wondering what benefit this would have to my current hardware - i.e. would running one 'big' output to a Datapath give me a better framerate than just running two separate 1080 outputs direct from my graphics card?

Current system is an i5, nVidia 660GTX, Seagate SSD, Win10.

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Datapath Benefits?

Post by Empyfree »

Run one 4K input into the Datapath and split into four perfectly synced HD outputs. Awesome if you’re driving multiple LED processors, essential if you’re blending projectors.

techiejay
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by techiejay »

Okay, well that's pretty much my mission going forward so it does sound like I'll need one heh!

Wouldn't running 1x4K output put more strain on my system than 2 x HD outputs though? Or am I being thick....it's fine if I am...you can say it :lol:

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

Sure, it’s double the pixels!

I’m not familiar with your GPU, but most higher end cards can cope with pushing at least one 4K output if not more.

Running two outputs directly is fine until you try to blend them... you’ll be lucky to not get sync artefacts visible across the blend.